• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huge Concern

NJPanthers12

Today is a great day. We should all be celebrating the firing of the worst coach to ever step foot in Charlotte. Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that Rhule was worse than seifert, and that is saying a lot.

with that all said, there is still a long way to go and stuff to be concerned about. David Tepper didn’t come off looking great in his press conference. The QB position is still an absolute mess.

but the single biggest concern I have is something jason la canfora wrote this morning. He has sources telling him that Steven Drummond is the most influential person in the building and compared him to Jack Easterby. That is a huge problem.

I’ve heard all of the good stories about Steven Drummond, and I am sure he is a great guy, but he doesn’t have a personnel background. I fail to see how he is qualified to be making critical football decisions for this franchise. This franchise continues to rely on the Hurneys and Drummonds of the world, who do not have personnel backgrounds, while other franchises are pouring resources into finding the most innovative football minds in the sport.

also, it is never a good thing to be compared to jack Easterby. The many has been in the center of all of the Texans dysfunction over the past few years. For every step forward Tepper takes, he immediately ends up taking 3 more back.

60866905-44B6-4FA2-946A-BE2C0B82FEE8.png

Just now, hepcat said:

It all runs through Tepper and that’s the biggest problem. He’s clearly too involved. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s a mess. It’s probably going to get worse before it gets better. These are bleak times to be a Panthers fan.

Yup very bleak. We have a guy with a communications background pushing for the Missouri defensive coordinator to be the next head coach of this team and Tepper is listening to it. My god we’re screwed.

7 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Yup very bleak. We have a guy with a communications background pushing for the Missouri defensive coordinator to be the next head coach of this team and Tepper is listening to it. My god we’re screwed.

Personally I think Tepper should have forced Rhule to go down with the ship and fired him in December since I don't believe there's any hope for the season now or later. The staff is 80% Rhule guys so I don't know what will actually change now that he is gone.

But I don't think letting Wilks have a shot as the interim head coach is at bleak as it appears. He has the respect of both former and current players and is well-liked in the organization. His defense might run actual NFL caliber gap alignments and cut out the "college crap" that Snow ran. He's not being set up for success being thrust into the captain's chair on a sinking ship, but there are many worse options for interim head coaches out there. 

All that said I think the only reason Tepper fired Rhule now was that the fanbase had had enough. The stadium was empty for the 49ers game because every fan knew it was going to be a blowout loss. Unless Tepper fired Rhule, the stadium was going to be empty. It's still going to be pretty empty, but at least there might be a few fans who show up with the hope that things get better now that Rhule is gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

While that is concerning, if I'm understanding the gist of the screenshot you posted, it sounds like that exec ends it with saying he thinks Wilks gets the job and that he was brought in here with that intention all along.

I totally believe this is the case. Wilks may not have been a Rhule hire but a Tepper one. Tepper forecasted Mondays events before the season started, or at least had him in position if he decided to fire Rhule.

If you saw Tepper’s press conference yesterday, and if you still have hope for winning long term and consistency, good luck. I was scouting the chargers to chance my fandom, but going for it on the 4-2 on your own 47 when the dude hit a 60 yard fg to beat the panthers was totally stupid. He missed from 45 of course, but Jesus, Staley should have been fired on the spot. 

33 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

If you saw Tepper’s press conference yesterday, and if you still have hope for winning long term and consistency, good luck. I was scouting the chargers to chance my fandom, but going for it on the 4-2 on your own 47 when the dude hit a 60 yard fg to beat the panthers was totally stupid. He missed from 45 of course, but Jesus, Staley should have been fired on the spot. 

Hahahahahaha! I heard that. I was thinking about Cinci in the summer, as they had more than a few adjustments to make, but I liked the cut of their Gib. Then I was like, man I can't eat chili with raw onions on spaghetti as a game day snack! 

Barf GIFs | Tenor

We are the worst team in the league with no real HC and QB.  There is really nothing to be concerned about, that is the reality to accept, we've got the whole ladder in front of us. 

Hell, we aren't even on the ladder, it's propped up and we're standing in front of it without pieces to even step on it yet.  No need to push for worse feelings, this is the true bottom.  We've been here twice before, just navigate it peeps.

I get the Easterby comparisons in the sense of undue influence by someone who doesn't really have a football background.

But with that said, I don't really think Steven Drummond has a Jack Easterby kind of personality.

As others have said, the true problem is Tepper. He's already shown a tendency to trust the wrong people, and it sounds like that still has yet to change.

You got to wonder (and it's undeniable that Tep was highly pizzed during the news conference) at this point if/what he's going to do moving forward to "fix" things. A big chunk of the fanbase hates the guy, but I can't believe he's so stupid as to keep bringing in people who know nothing about how to run a FO. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I can't help to think that things can only get better. I also know it's popular among some here to spout off with "he's fugged up the team so bad  that he'll move them to (insert- London, San Antonio, Taterboro Idaho here). Yeah, that will fix things move a losing team to another city as if that would solve the problem. If that worked the Lions/Browns/Jets would have been relocated a long time ago. This episode with Rhule and Rock Hill made Tepper looked bad  and not just in our eyes, but the league. 

1 minute ago, 3838 said:

You got to wonder (and it's undeniable that Tep was highly pizzed during the news conference) at this point if/what he's going to do moving forward to "fix" things. A big chunk of the fanbase hates the guy, but I can't believe he's so stupid as to keep bringing in people who know nothing about how to run a FO. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I can't help to think that things can only get better. I also know it's popular among some here to spout off with "he's fugged up the team so bad  that he'll move them to (insert- London, San Antonio, Taterboro Idaho here). Yeah, that will fix things move a losing team to another city as if that would solve the problem. If that worked the Lions/Browns/Jets would have been relocated a long time ago. This episode with Rhule and Rock Hill made Tepper looked bad  and not just in our eyes, but the league. 

To be fair, the league was already pretty pissed with Tepper over the contract he gave Rhule.

I think at least some of the owners have started to believe they made the wrong decision letting him in the club.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, the league was already pretty pissed with Tepper over the contract he gave Rhule.

I think at least some of the owners have started to believe they made the wrong decision letting him in the club.

Agree 100%. I'm just saying based on the press conference, he's probably so embarrassed, that he'll go full out to finally fix things....hopefully.