• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An analysis of what went wrong between Tepper and Rhule by Charles Robinson

Mr. Scot

I like how they use the excuse that the reason Cam was cut originally was because of his health. He then went on to put up 3300 yards and 21 TDs for an offense he had 5 weeks to learn and featured Damiere Byrd as the #1 WR, and he also got covid 4 weeks in which slowed his development even more. Those numbers Cam put up have been better than any other QB we've had since. That will always be Tepper/Rhules biggest mistake and they have no one to blame but themselves. Glad to see they both got what they deserved

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

Good read, always bothered me that Rhule came into the league with a manifesto to get Teddy. Giving him 60 mil and then cutting him after one season while repeatedly throwing him under the bus fractured my confidence in Rhule too.

IIRC everyone said that it was pressure from Joe Brady that brought Teddy to Carolina. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I fault Hurney for that contract not Rhule. He had a passion for overpaying bad talent.

8 hours ago, trueblade said:

I've said elsewhere it feels like we're headed towards a Bills hire Rex Ryan move.

lol OMG that's a lesson the Pegula's learned fast. Loud mouth does not equal good coach. I hope that's a lesson Tepper will skip.

• Beer 1

Kinda odd the article barely mentions Darnold, who I'd argue giving away 3 picks for and paying his current $19M salary to sit on IR/bench is worse than the relatively minor financial setback from picking up Teddy. I get that it was a clean slate and Teppers first taste of Rhule's bad decision making but I think most of us just assumed Teddy was going to be a 2-3 year bridge QB while we groomed a QB from the draft. 

39 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Kinda odd the article barely mentions Darnold, who I'd argue giving away 3 picks for and paying his current $19M salary to sit on IR/bench is worse than the relatively minor financial setback from picking up Teddy. I get that it was a clean slate and Teppers first taste of Rhule's bad decision making but I think most of us just assumed Teddy was going to be a 2-3 year bridge QB while we groomed a QB from the draft. 

Ironically enough teddy was the shiniest turd in the bowl. They dropped him with no realistic shot or plan to upgrade the position. Stafford was never coming here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Rhule was a bad hire that caused a multitude of issues that’s going to take some seasons to fix, hence why more than half the board was pissed with the sam darnold trade and when he was brought back this year…..complete waste, cause we all knew he was getting fired barring some miracle.

If we had just let cam play out the last year instead of paying teddy, and than trading for sam and baker our future would be a lot brighter.

draft and develop, and take a swing at qb when the opportunity arises, if my non billionaire ass can see that idk how the actual millionaires can’t 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If we had just let cam play out the last year instead of paying teddy, and than trading for sam and baker our future would be a lot brighter.

Not if Rhule was still the hire. I'll take this scenario over him actually getting 7 years as the HC

I’m still trippin over Tepper giving Rhule 7 years. Even if you felt he was the guy back then, he was still an unproven college coach. Give him a 3/4 year deal at most. It’s quite clear no one knew what they were doing. Trusting Hurney in the first place was a huge mistake.

Get a consultant in here, and do this thing right. We’re right where we were in 2019/2020. 

• Pie 1

Posted at 2:40 am.  Is the OP on the WC or having trouble sleeping?

So the reports were that Stafford didn't want to come here, but now Tepper killed the deal?

Does anybody seriously believe that Stafford would choose us over the Rams?

Talk about a piece with a lot of speculation.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 3