• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanking does not guarantee a good QB

Panthers Fan 69

8 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Nothing guarantees anything, here’s some actual data.

# of super bowl winning QBs by pick in the past 20 years:

#1 - 3 Super Bowl Winning QBs

#10 - 1

#11 - 1

#18 - 1

#24 - 1

#32 - 1

#75 - 1

#88 - 1

#199 - 1

#227 - 1

The #1 pick has produced 3x more Super Bowl winning QBs than any other individual pick. Additionally, 3 other #1 overall picks, a #2 overall pick, and a #3 overall pick all played in Super Bowls over that same period and lost. 10 of the past 20 Super Bowls have featured at least one QB picked in the top 3 overall picks.

Not to mention that the only great QB we've ever had was the #1 pick.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just have fun the rest of the season. That is it. 

The players want to win. The coaches want to win. The fans just want a future so we want a QB. I already won this year so what is left is just a bonus. I'm not taking anything left very seriously until we see what the next plan looks like. 

Good teams find good QBs or make less than desirable QBs better than they normally play. We haven't been a good team, who knows what comes next. 

• Pie 3

I have to admit, I was on the tank bandwagon but after seeing Fields (OSU QB) look awful, it has gave me pause on Stroud, then you have Bryce young who is smaller than Baker, pass. Which leaves Will Levis who looks promising but has big question marks coming through in clutch moments.

The more I look, the more I realize this draft doesn’t have a Andrew Luck or Cam Newton and truth be told, I really don’t see any QBs that stand night and day above Corral.

2 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

I have to admit, I was on the tank bandwagon but after seeing Fields (OSU QB) look awful, it has gave me pause on Stroud, then you have Bryce young who is smaller than Baker, pass. Which leaves Will Levis who looks promising but has big question marks coming through in clutch moments.

The more I look, the more I realize this draft doesn’t have a Andrew Luck or Cam Newton and truth be told, I really don’t see any QBs that stand night and day above Corral.

Yes, fields and stroud are the exact same player.

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s because all OSU QBs HAVE been trash. It’s very logical actually. 

There has been different coaches/schemes over that time. LSU had Flynn and Russell, should they have avoided Burrow? Any good QBs out if Tennessee before Manning? Auburn before Cam? Texas Tech before Mahomes? Oregon before Herbert had Mariotta and Harrington? 

Like I said, illogical…. 

• Pie 3