• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Most successful come from mid level? Josh Allen and who else, Wentz and Carr?

Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, Stafford, Burrow, Jackson, Brady, Cousins, Goff, Wilson, Tua, Hurts, Ryan, Murray, Tannehill and even Geno Smith were all power 5 conference QBs.

By mid-level I mean teams not competing for top bowl games year after year. Lets go through your list.

Mahomes - Texas Tech - Midlevel 
Rodgers/Goff - California - when was the last time they were good?
Burrow - LSU
Jackson - Lousville - aka doens't compete for championships
Wilson - NC State/Wisconson - rarely competetivie in their conference
Wilson - BYU enough said
Cousings - Michigan State - see Wisconson
Hurts/Tua - Alabama
Tannehill - A&M
Smith - WVU
Murray - Oklahoma
Allen - Wyoming
Carr - fresno
Herbert - Oregon

More than half of these QBs are on teams that rarely compete for their conference championships, and the 4/5 best ones on this list, their colleges are awful.

Edited by Jaxel

32 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I was hoping we would jump up for Herbert in that draft..m so close yet so far away.

Hurney tried to. However, the only way we could get Herbert is trading into then top 4 and that was going to cost multiple first round picks and take Rhule Rebuilding franchise and depart them with a bunch of picks. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the end of the day Hurney and Rhule were hoping the chargers would delay the moving on from Rivers.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hurney tried to. However, the only way we could get Herbert is trading into then top 4 and that was going to cost multiple first round picks and take Rhule Rebuilding franchise and depart them with a bunch of picks. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the end of the day Hurney and Rhule were hoping the chargers would delay the moving on from Rivers.

As the old but so true saying goes, it is what it is. It's time now though, to take the risk and jump all in.

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Most successful come from mid level? Josh Allen and who else, Wentz and Carr?

Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, Stafford, Burrow, Jackson, Brady, Cousins, Goff, Wilson, Tua, Hurts, Ryan, Murray, Tannehill and even Geno Smith were all power 5 conference QBs.

Not sure I'd you know what mid level is.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

who cares

you don’t conduct drafts based on “BPA”

that’s generic Internet forum talk for people who gobble down NFLisms and think that by repeating them outward they project themselves as intellectuals

”BPA” is the assignment of value relative to need

it always is, for every team. An undersized Defensive end isnt jumpstarting the panthers offense and making them super bowl contenders 

the team has seen first hand how hard it is to get a top 3 pick. If they end up with one, they’re going to take a QB. 

join us back in reality land.

That's if we stay 3-4, I've already said that if we go back to 4-3 it needs to be Miles Murphy, heck I'd pick Murphy anyways. We need another DE as badly as we need a QB. A guy like Murphy with Brian Burns and D. Brown would be a menace for years to come.

You have your quarterback already, go back and watch his individual performances at Ole Miss against the SEC powerhouses. He made Ole Miss a contender. It was him. There's no debating that. He's getting stronger as we speak.

Don't be greedy. Get that DE.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

That’s such a silly qualifier. Consistently compete for a conference championship? Non mid level is basically just Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and Ohio State.

Also, Wisconsin rarely competes? They suck now but damn man, are you 15 years old? When Russell Wilson was at Wisconsin they finished 10th and they won the Big 10.

When Rodgers was at Cal, they had one PAC-12 loss and finished 9th in the final poll. They lost to USC by 6 and USC won the national championship. Is that not competing?

Power 5 is Power 5. Auburn doesn’t consistently compete but when Cam was there they won a national championship. A lot of teams you want to call mid level do have top 5/10 finishes but they aren’t ruling conferences lately like Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama and Clemson.

Mid-Level, Mid-Tier, Average, Middle of the Pack, majority 3-star, good every 10 years, never won a conference championship, somewhat competitive. Call it whatever you want, but they are the ones that consistently produce the bests QBs. And when they are good, it's because of those said top-tier QBs.

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Anyone using preseason as the reason they don’t like Corral…well I’m truly baffled by that level of impatience and shortsightedness. 

That means you (not u Wundr)actually trust a good ol' Matt Rhule QB evaluation. 😕

We knew this was Fitts, McAdoo and maybe Tepper because Rhule was in love with someone else entirely.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I think Stroud is a better pocket QB than fields and does a great job with touch. Just a comment. I wonder what it would look like if you add Haskins stats too. I think it's why Ohio State QBs are so hard to evaluate.

With that said I like Stroud a lot, but i have said a million times I think the most successful QBs come from mid level colleges cause everything is harder for them. So I'm big on Ward, Levis and Hooker (minus his age, but Burrow was old too so....)

Stroud has all the physical tools to be a franchise QB, but I think what matters the most is intangibles. The one thing about Ohio State QBs is that they can put up stats but is it because of the system and talent around them? Watch Fields last night and he looked lost, listen to his post game conference and he comes across as immature and not well spoken. Haskins also had some immaturity issues and seemed non-engaged with Commanders and Steelers. 

If Panthers are scouting Stroud, I would grill this kid pretty hard to see how he handles interviews and tough situations.