• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADAM SCHEFTER: Panthers listening to Christian McCaffrey trade offers

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

You are nuts, if we can get a first for cmac and his contract that is charlie sheen level winning.   I dont understand the pedestal you guys are putting cmac on.   Running backs dont move the needle in the modern nfl.  They just dont

Framing McCaffrey as "just a runningback" is pretty disingenuous.

If we took that trade, we'd be a target of  instant mockery (and we'd deserve it).

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

You are nuts, if we can get a first for cmac and his contract that is charlie sheen level winning.   I dont understand the pedestal you guys are putting cmac on.   Running backs dont move the needle in the modern nfl.  They just dont

thats the thing... we arent going to be able to pass over the contract. We already paid this year's gaurantee and trading CMC just to trade him isnt what the franchise is trying to do. I dont think we are attempting to recoup the contract.

I think we are trying to get more picks in the upcoming draft but premium picks. There has been no news of the Panthers wanting to dump CMC's contract. 

If CMC continues to stay healthy, and plays well this year... his contract willl be one of the easiest on the roster to restructure for relief on the cap, and it will be worth it. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he is healthy now and having a very average year

You guys forget in that 1000/1000 five win season we feed him the ball just so he could get that record.  It was fuging stupid to do.  It totally inflated his value needlessly

okay now you are just saying poo to defend an empty point.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

thats the thing... we arent going to be able to pass over the contract. We already paid this year's gaurantee and trading CMC just to trade him isnt what the franchise is trying to do. I dont think we are attempting to recoup the contract.

I think we are trying to get more picks in the upcoming draft but premium picks. There has been no news of the Panthers wanting to dump CMC's contract. 

If CMC continues to stay healthy, and plays well this year... his contract willl be one of the easiest on the roster to restructure for relief on the cap, and it will be worth it. 

Is there anyway out of his contract? I know we can't just trade the player then new team pays all of it, but is there anyway to manipulate it? A high to mid round first + getting out of the contract would be enticing, but yeah I wouldn't have any interest in trading him for a late first + we are still paying majority of it. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he is healthy now and having a very average year

You guys forget in that 1000/1000 five win season we feed him the ball just so he could get that record.  It was fuging stupid to do.  It totally inflated his value needlessly

He’s playing in what I think we can all agree is quite possible the worlds worst offense 

CMC is not being traded just to be traded. If Bills want him so bad then let them hang out to dry, their all star team status goes against them. They have nothing to lose if they send a 1st on over and we have nothing to lose if we keep CMC.

This isn’t sending someone like Melvin Ingram or Josh Wilson over, this is a “super star” player in the league. It’s not Panther fans overvalue-ing, it’s just business. We value CMC highly and Buffalo fans keep thinking they can get a 4th for him. That’s how ALL fans view trades.

Its like the annoying Facebook marketplace guy that asks for the highest quality of work but wants to pay dirt on return.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

empty point?    Even in a historic record breaking year for him we won 5 games. 

you do this so often man, people provide rational points then you immediately resort "X sucks" and "only won x games" 

People dont have to agree with each other. You spent so much time trying to convince people a point that is purely speculation. I feel for you, but you got to just move on and accept that people dont agree with you.

As for blaming CMC for our 5 games winning... i dont want to even touch that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Is there anyway out of his contract? I know we can't just trade the player then new team pays all of it, but is there anyway to manipulate it? A high to mid round first + getting out of the contract would be enticing, but yeah I wouldn't have any interest in trading him for a late first + we are still paying majority of it. 

How did the Broncos get out of Osweilers deal?  I need to research that as I vaguely recall they gave him a poo deal then got of out it somehow

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We are also on the hook for the rest of his signing bonus which is pro rated I'm sure mrcompletely11 is the expert.

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I just don't see the need for a small RB. We could probably use him on some gadget plays though.

CMC has like 10-15 pounds on him but he put that one over his career. You could use Cook in similar situations with less touches. I mean Buffalo picked him in the 2nd to be their future at the position.