• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Monday Presser

Jackie Lee

How hard is it to get a QB in here that can throw downfield? Like surely some of these college guys who went undrafted but put up crazy stats can throw the damn ball down field. At this point the Panthers should be bad, but exciting. Not bad and also horrendously boring

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

if you listened to the presser... doesnt sound like PJ is getting near the field Sunday. At least Wilks deflectio and tone gave you no confidence in an active PJ this weekend

Well he's in a pickle now isn't he. Guess he should have taken the time to aired it out more with PJ. Seeing as he's the only qb left at the time that knew most of the play book and a practice squad backup why not?

Wait, PJ'S now injured you say? From trying to air it out you say? Well now what will we do?  We need entertainment dammit!

• The D 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

Just make Eason our QB.  It's not like we do anything special anyone even needs to learn.  There's no system to acclimate into, it's just all hand offs, screen dumps, flats, and corners. 

And for some reason they're written in some insane code that takes players 2 months to memorize. It's like asking the players to run basic preseason plays but process them in the huddle in the most round about way imaginable

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

How hard is it to get a QB in here that can throw downfield? Like surely some of these college guys who went undrafted but put up crazy stats can throw the damn ball down field. At this point the Panthers should be bad, but exciting. Not bad and also horrendously boring

Its not that PJ can't because he has.   Wilks said that was the gameplan that he wanted.  The positive yardage throws will come later.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Just make Eason our QB.  It's not like we do anything special anyone even needs to learn.  There's no system to acclimate into, it's just all hand offs, screen dumps, flats, and corners. 

I've said this before about PJ.  He's got a active arm but couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a banjo.  His accuracy is poor.  Throwing downfield with PJ is like throwing a punt.   

Eason at least looks the part.  He did ok until his Int.  I feel bad for the guy because he really gave us a small spark until the Int.   I would ride with Eason this weekend.  He can't be any worse than PJ. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I mean, basically all 31 other teams could scheme up some basic pass plays for PJ between the 20s vs a meh team. 

I mean PJ is what he is.  What we witnessed on Sunday was something uniquely bad that is separate from PJ Walker being a weak QB. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1