• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 vs CMC

Cam's New Arm

9 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Jfc CMC is a great receiver FOR A RB. He’s not a HOF WR like Steve Smith. He’s not running vertical routes and high pointing the ball between a corner and a safety. If you put CMC in an 89 jersey that season, they don’t make the SB.

Especially since CMC was 7 years old during that Super Bowl

I think Smitty has an argument for being the GOAT WR. He absolutely dominated in a run first offense his entire career. If you swap him with Rice I honestly believe he puts up the stats Rice did or better. I love me some C Mac but he’s no Smitty.

Steve Smith made the QBs he played with better because he fount the ball, he didn't wait on it, so if it's an overthrow like JD sometimes struggled with, he adjusted and still made the catch, if we had Smitty today, we would make the playoffs with Darnold 

We miss his competitiveness and ferocity, I still remember his TD celebrations, always coming up with new ways to burn the other team , he talked smack and backed it up on the field, he never accepted losing, even calling out his friend Jake when his play started to decline 

#89 was a gamechanger, and I will always remember him has one greatest to play the game

CMC, not even close, he is very talented and is stuck in a bad situation has a prop to a floundering franchise , but he is no legend yet , I hope he experiences success one day, even if it's not with us , he would catch fire in Buffalo with that passing threat 

43 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Smitty had some good years with Cam. I think a young, prime version of both, actually makes both better. Old Smith was the closest Cam ever had to a true #1. And let's face it. I loved the Ragin Cajun, but he was better in our memories than in reality. 2015 Cam was very very good as a passer. Had one of the strongest arms in the league. I think Steve would have preferred that over all the jump balls from Jake.

Not really about Jake’s QB ability and more about his ability to deal was with a mega personality and hot head.  

a young 89 just wasn’t going to work with a ton of QBs.   Ones way better than Jake. 

Cam and an older and milder version of 89 weren’t the best pairing.  Hence why 89 had to go. Cam was hitting his prime right when we parted with 89.   And Cam went on to reach the peak of his career after that.   

6 hours ago, Navy_football said:

If you're talking about 20-something years old Steve Smith, then that 2015 team doesn't lose a game.

You had to double or triple team Smith or he'd beat you himself. You have to keep a safety over the top of Ginn. And no LB is going to stop Olsen from having his way, so you'd need a DB to help there too.

Hell, 20 year old me could rush for 1000 in that offense. But Stewart would break records. The weakest position on that team was the WR group.

F***!!! and then you didn't even mention the biggest part...
Good, while you're trying to handle all that; we also have a 6'6 255 lb QB that's built like a DE, fast as a RB, with a rocket arm.  My goodness!

Quite a lot of people don’t pay attention to what happens to win ratios and other players stats around players.

some play and have great stats but the team loses and other players play like poo.

some play without great stats but others play better better around them and the team wins more.

Then once in 1000 players you get both. A true badass that makes everyone else around them a badass. Even the scrubs look like they are invincible(it’s how a player looks great on one team, gets a trade then stinks elsewhere)

You can’t compare “skill sets” between true X factor players and those who don’t have it.

CMac is an exceptional player but the team doesn’t all of a sudden play much better with him than without him.

Steve Smith probably willed the team to 3-4 more wins a year than they were worth. He had that much x-factor

Edited by JARROD

20 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Jfc CMC is a great receiver FOR A RB. He’s not a HOF WR like Steve Smith. He’s not running vertical routes and high pointing the ball between a corner and a safety. If you put CMC in an 89 jersey that season, they don’t make the SB.

Not for nothing CMC's reciever drill was the best combine performance I've ever seen. I think he's got some of the surest hands in the league regardless of position. Doesn't make him an elite WR but he can play the position at much higher level than Steve could play RB.