• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 vs CMC

Cam's New Arm

What's funny is I'm already gearing up to flex on every person who wants CMC traded (especially his No. 1 hater), because every one of them will be whining next October "we shouldn't have traded CMC, [new rookie draft pick] sucks."

Also, without him, this offense will probably only get 7-8 first downs the rest of the season.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

I'm fully aware of the tenacity 89 brought. I'm talking about skill set.

His tenacity is what elevated his skill set.

89 had a “Hulk-esque” ability to play better the angrier he got. Which was entertaining as hell, productive and best of all, available.

CMC is fun to watch.  Until he gets hurt. That’s about all I got.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

When Steve Smith (and Moose) caught the ball HE became the aggressor. He attacked. He'd stiff arm a guy's face into the dirt.

5 Houston Texans piled on the guy he pops out and runs away for a TD iirc. He destroyed the Bears and Giants.

CMC has dominated but not on that level not like Smitty. How many teams best player at any given time is a wide receiver? 

CMC is good but Smitty had that dog in him and played like he was 6'2". 

Edited by rippadonn

Sadly, we have a guy CAPABLE of being the modern Steve Smith, but he lacks the fire Agent 89 brought to the table every single snap.  I remember 89 just friggin ENDING people . . . as a blocker.  I don't see DJ ever getting there unfortunately.

CMC is a completely different player.

Smith's my favorite player of all-time but I'd pick CMC. Smitty's everything you want in a WR but Christian trancends his position and opens the playbook, giving you strategic options you would not have with other RBs. Smith was elite but there's few players all-time that break the mold and force coaches to evolve their thinking like Christian. 

Also why I dismiss those who point to our failures as proof that CMC doesn't move the needle. He hasn't come anywhere near his potential because he hasn't had a coach yet who knows how to use him in a non-traditional way. 

• Beer 1

Steve Smith is one of the greatest offensive threats to ever play period 

People forget his first NFL touch was a 94yd KO return for a TD.

That he's also out best punt returner.

That he was a vicious violent blocker and never took plays off knowing that his block could give a teammate a TD.

Then to top it off he could blow by you, run over you or shake 5 of you off his back like something out of a Marvel Movie.

I love Cmac. I would need a Hershel Walker deal to trade him.

But if we had Steve in 2015 he would have found a way to will us to that game fix or no fix.

• Pie 2