• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 vs CMC

Cam's New Arm

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Considering how often you post about him, he must be your favorite human. Go touch some grass and try to forget how he hurt you.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I hope CMC stays just so Frank has to keep rage-shitting himself every day

You wear Christian McCaffrey jammies don't you?

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

What's funny is I'm already gearing up to flex on every person who wants CMC traded (especially his No. 1 hater), because every one of them will be whining next October "we shouldn't have traded CMC, [new rookie draft pick] sucks."

Also, without him, this offense will probably only get 7-8 first downs the rest of the season.

I hear you and would be happy if CMC was here for the long term.  I am open though and would like him to be traded for a 1st round pick (even if later in the round) if its to have the pick to include as part of a trade up in the draft if needed to get a specific QB they really liked.  I know you can’t guarantee any of that will play out and we might end up in a position where don’t need to trade up.  Then I’m for keeping CMC.     

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

If you're talking about 20-something years old Steve Smith, then that 2015 team doesn't lose a game.

You had to double or triple team Smith or he'd beat you himself. You have to keep a safety over the top of Ginn. And no LB is going to stop Olsen from having his way, so you'd need a DB to help there too.

Hell, 20 year old me could rush for 1000 in that offense. But Stewart would break records. The weakest position on that team was the WR group.

Gets weird though.  I mean in reality vs a Madden create a team.  Chemistry.  Locker room.  All that jazz often has a lot to do with special seasons. 

Not sure you could of paired a young 89 with a prime Cam.   To an extent, 89 needed the personalities of Jake, Prohel, Moose, etc.  But Jake was big IMO for Steve actually working out like he did.  89 paired with a lot of QBs likely doesn’t work.  Especially that young version. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Gets weird though.  I mean in reality vs a Madden create a team.  Chemistry.  Locker room.  All that jazz often has a lot to do with special seasons. 

Not sure you could of paired a young 89 with a prime Cam.   To an extent, 89 needed the personalities of Jake, Prohel, Moose, etc.  But Jake was big IMO for Steve actually working out like he did.  89 paired with a lot of QBs likely doesn’t work.  Especially that young version. 

Smitty had some good years with Cam. I think a young, prime version of both, actually makes both better. Old Smith was the closest Cam ever had to a true #1. And let's face it. I loved the Ragin Cajun, but he was better in our memories than in reality. 2015 Cam was very very good as a passer. Had one of the strongest arms in the league. I think Steve would have preferred that over all the jump balls from Jake.

It’s just a weird comparison and doesn’t make sense. What are you saying? I’d rather have cmc in the backfield and smitty down field. Putting one in the others’ position makes no sense. Either or depends on the QB. Overall smitty is still the better player but cmc still has more career and hopefully gets on a team that realizes he needs to be used like Edelman, short pass in open space. If that happens he has a chance to be better.

7 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Smitty had some good years with Cam. I think a young, prime version of both, actually makes both better. Old Smith was the closest Cam ever had to a true #1. And let's face it. I loved the Ragin Cajun, but he was better in our memories than in reality. 2015 Cam was very very good as a passer. Had one of the strongest arms in the league. I think Steve would have preferred that over all the jump balls from Jake.

Maybe it’s just me or watching straight trash for years but a prime Jake had a really good arm, like go watch some reruns…I’d kill to see some poo like that now and all those jump balls were also because smitty was a small ass dude.

I’ve met him many times and as an average dude he is small, which makes  it all that more impressive. He does have some longass arms though, as do I.