• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't totally gut this team

Jmac

There are pieces to build around. Burns, Chinn, Brown and D.J etc., must stay. Just have to be smart moving foward without totally selling the farm.

Get a proper HC,  OC, and QB. Use our new draft picks to build around the core we have.

Suffer through this sh%t storm of 2022 and get ready to move foward next season.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

There are pieces to build around. Burns, Chinn, Brown and D.J etc., must stay. Just have to be smart moving foward without totally selling the farm.

Get a proper HC and OC and use our new draft picks to build around the core we have.

Suffer through this sh%t storm of 2022 and get ready to move foward next season.

In my eyes 2023 could be one of the more enjoyable years we've had if we can grab a coach who knows some offense and get one of the top QBs and some offensive pieces in the draft.  Low expectations so hard to disappoint.  Dont have to worry about being in position to grab a QB for the first time in forever.  Get to watch an elite talent develop at QB with a pretty sturdy offensive line in front of him.  There is a real possibility it may be fun to be a Panthers fan again soon. 

• Beer 3

Shaq and Moore could go. Kind of tired of seeing half ass effort and giving up if there is no separation from Moore. Not to mention his hospital blocking sometimes. He also disappears anywhere near the end zone. Kind of expensive for all that. He is still decent and does make plays that aren’t TDs so meh I guess. I wouldn’t by any means call him a building block though.

Shaq is just overpaid and needs to go. We need to just eat that mistake.

Otherwise I agree with the rest.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Shaq and Moore could go. Kind of tired of seeing half ass effort and giving up if there is no separation from Moore. Not to mention his hospital blocking sometimes. He also disappears anywhere near the end zone. Kind of expensive for all that. He is still decent and does make plays that aren’t TDs so meh I guess. I wouldn’t by any means call him a building block though.

Shaq is just overpaid and needs to go. We need to just eat that mistake.

Otherwise I agree with the rest.

I do think Shaq is gone one way or the other, trade or being cut this offseason, just too much cap savings to not do it for his talent level.

• Beer 1

you’re going to get big market corporate media begging the team to give away our marquee players to legacy teams, especially now that we’ve proven we’ll take lowball deals

theres blood in the water and they’re going to push for it, may as well saddle up

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Growl said:

you’re going to get big market corporate media begging the team to give away our marquee players to legacy teams, especially now that we’ve proven we’ll take lowball deals

theres blood in the water and they’re going to push for it, may as well saddle up

Oh they're circling for Burns and Moore, thinking a Day 2 pick will get both. Sadly with Fitterer's braindead ass, it probably will.

• Pie 1

Yesterday I was in sell mode. I wanted everyone gone and collect as many picks as possible. Now that I’ve slept on it, I think the only players of any value we should consider trading is Shaq and Moore.

i love moore. I think he is a true number 1 receiver in this league. He has been dealt and awful hand and he doesn’t say 2 words. He comes out week after week and plays hard. With that said he will be 26 going into next season. His age and next contract do not line up with this teams next window of winning. If they can get multiple 2nds or maybe even a 1st from a desperate team then I think they have to pounce.

shaq is so overrated and won’t be here next year anyway. So might as well get a pick for him if possible.

this defense has 4 cornerstone guys they can build around and who are young. Brown, Burns, Chinn, and Horn. Keep building and developing around them and let the new and hopefully offensive coach have a solid defensive foundation to build off of.

then in an ideal world you are taking a QB with the number 1 overall pick and will have either a first and 2 2nds or 3 2nds and you can move back into the 1st. Use everyone of those picks on offensive weapons for the new young QB.

if this team, and it’s a big if, can hit on the coach and qb, this could be a quick turn around. The Bucs and Saints are on the decline. The falcons don’t have a QB. It has always been said the 4 most important positions to have on a team is a Franchise QB, a dominant LT, an edge pass rusher, and lockdown CB. The panthers will have all 4 of those and 25 and under if they hit on the QB. (First overall pick, Ickey, Burns, Horn).

there is finally a plan and this garbage quarterback roulette is over. Stick to it and there is finally hope.

• Pie 2

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

Yesterday I was in sell mode. I wanted everyone gone and collect as many picks as possible. Now that I’ve slept on it, I think the only players of any value we should consider trading is Shaq and Moore.

i love moore. I think he is a true number 1 receiver in this league. He has been dealt and awful hand and he doesn’t say 2 words. He comes out week after week and plays hard. With that said he will be 26 going into next season. His age and next contract do not line up with this teams next window of winning. If they can get multiple 2nds or maybe even a 1st from a desperate team then I think they have to pounce..

He's 25. So you're thinking this team's window of winning is 5-10 years out?

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Oh they're circling for Burns and Moore, thinking a Day 2 pick will get both. Sadly with Fitterer's braindead ass, it probably will.

The Niners should’ve disqualified themselves from being eligible candidates for this trade the exact moment John lynch came over to rub it in Scott fitterers face at Fields’ pro day that they had traded up.

scotty had an excellent chance to remind him of that moment and their lack of the required 1st round pick.

instead Bank of America stadium is 49er territory and the 49er sub is chock full of know nothing Niner fans bragging that they are our daddy

Edited by Growl