• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

no.  and this is a sticking point...if his agent tells us he doesn't want to be part of hte rebuild, unknown coach coming in, and he'd be reluctant to sign with us....we'd have to think about it seriously

If I were Burns I would sit tight and see what I think of the new coaching staff. If your Burns, this isn't the4 worst situation in the world. Our crap offense means the D will constantly be on the field rest of the season, giving him plenty of opportunities to pad his stats and beef up his resume, whether for the rest of the league or to make his extension here bigger. If he doesn't like what he sees from the new regime, he can bail.

• Pie 1

Eagles would be the ideal trade partner with 2 1sts. Teams know they have a small window. If Burns can help get them to the SB and elevate their defense to stop Mahomes, Jackson, etc, he's worth it. A ring fixes a lot. I'd ask for 2 1sts and their 2nd since it would be essentially a 3rd. 3 1sts, 2 nds, a 3rd and 2 4ths will attract a really good HC. 

46 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s not that easy. Burns has issues with his game but he’s still a really good player. It’s not just the 9.5 sacks it’s the pressure he causes and the attention he commands.

I don't know why you guys stay connected to these players....sure he's a good player, not great. But this team has STUNK with this current collection of guys. I know coaching has been absolutely atrocious and that's a big reason, but a new coaching staff is going to want to bring in their own players anyway. If the Panthers can get a haul for Burns, YOU TAKE IT. There will be a new collection of talented players to cheer for, hopefully a group that wins. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

It would be fuging nuts to have 3 firsts, 2 2nds in this draft. That is such an unprecedented level of talent influx I don’t think has ever happened in one year to one team to my knowledge. 

The Jets nearly did it last year. 

it netted them Sauce, Wilson and Hall who are all contributing to their turnaround. It also got them jermaine johnson but I haven’t heard much out of him.