• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Growl said:

then you don’t do it.

as I noted, Jamal adams commanded two 1’s and change. Brian burns is a far more valuable asset than Jamal adams. 

the goal isn’t to have lots of draft picks, it’s to have good players at marquee positions 

But if decide to win a few games this year, then we don't have the 1st. Need more capital to trade for the 1st or 2nd pick. Call it a back up plan. Others won't bring high picks. With DJ, even Shi & TJ and our Line it's enough to build on. Defense needs another Derrick Brown. Got 2 good CBs. I like Shaq and think he's good for the team. (at least this year). 

2 hours ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

It's already going to be an uphill climb to get anyone worth having. I don't see the logic behind gutting the team of any actual talent and considering that an enticement. I fear we're going to be here this time next year wondering WTF they were thinking. I hope the FO makes me eat those words but, I just don't think anyone there has a clue about running a football team.

They don’t. You’re gonna see countless “We never should’ve traded Burns” threads. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, musicman said:

But if decide to win a few games this year, then we don't have the 1st. Need more capital to trade for the 1st or 2nd pick. Call it a back up plan. Others won't bring high picks. With DJ, even Shi & TJ and our Line it's enough to build on. Defense needs another Derrick Brown. Got 2 good CBs. I like Shaq and think he's good for the team. (at least this year). 

If it were that easy to decide to win games, wouldn’t it happen more than once every 24 tries?

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Growl said:

the team isn’t out to grind an axe against Matt rhule because they’re the Big Mad, they clearly view the defense as being more or less ready and will almost certainly look to build up the offensive side of the ball.

rebuilds don’t take 5 seasons.

Your response has not much of anything to do with what I said. 

It's got nothing to do with grinding an axe.

It's got nothing to do with a belief that it takes 5 years to build a team. If you've been paying attention I've been shouting that it only takes a couple to turn a team around. 

And they are listening to offers for several players apparently, and none of them are off the table they all have a price. When the price is right you sell and keep loading up picks, which the new coach can use to build the team as he sees fit using the picks to either draft or trade for players he actually wants, not that he inherited. 

The new HC is going to want as much of a clean slate as he can get and as much capital to build with. 

He's going to bring a new culture that is different and it might be hard for players already here to adapt. It might be better for some of them to go elsewhere and it might be better for us if they moved along rather than being a holdover from a previous culture.

They don't have to get rid of everyone, but they do need to be listening to offers and take advantage of anything that will help build our power ci stockpile. Don't go cheap, but definitely go if the price is nice.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Your response has not much of anything to do with what I said. 

It's got nothing to do with grinding an axe.

It's got nothing to do with a belief that it takes 5 years to build a team. If you've been paying attention I've been shouting that it only takes a couple to turn a team around. 

And they are listening to offers for several players apparently, and none of them are off the table they all have a price. When the price is right you sell and keep loading up picks, which the new coach can use to build the team as he sees fit using the picks to either draft or trade for players he actually wants, not that he inherited. 

The new HC is going to want as much of a clean slate as he can get and as much capital to build with. 

He's going to bring a new culture that is different and it might be hard for players already here to adapt. It might be better for some of them to go elsewhere and it might be better for us if they moved along rather than being a holdover from a previous culture.

They don't have to get rid of everyone, but they do need to be listening to offers and take advantage of anything that will help build our power ci stockpile. Don't go cheap, but definitely go if the price is nice.

Let’s look at how replacing players has gone thus far in the Tepper Era:

QB: downgrade
RB: downgrade
WR: downgrade 
TE: downgrade
OL: push
DL: downgrade
LB: downgrade 
CB: downgrade
S: push

Yeah, more picks works out well. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It finally seems like some adults that aren't trying to trade away our future to secure some short term security are in charge. I haven't like all the moves under Fitt obviously, but it's starting to seem like Rhule was the one throwing poo at the wall with random QB's and Baylor/Temple guys hoping something would cover up his lack of coaching skills. I'd give Fitt until February at least? He can't do a whole lot after the trade deadline in season so maybe the month of January to see if he clicks with HC prospects or however that works out