• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral our 2023 starter

Panthers Fan 69

Give me the Eagles’ OC as our new coach and Minshew as the vet backup that’s familiar with the new coach. Minshew can play until Stroud is ready. Corral can be QB3 as the Eagles have 3 active QBs on the roster.

Also the new OC isn’t going to split reps with his top pick and Corral. Is he going to split them with his practice squad QB as well? The offense will be catered to our top pick and he will probably get a bulk of the reps.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

A new coach may not want him. Wouldn't make sense to draft a top QB #1 to sit behind the previous year's 3rd round pick. 

Take as many dart throws as you can. No coach worth his salt is going to care about a first round or third round distinction. Furthermore, Corral may not even be ready to see the field by July, much less draft season.

Edited by top dawg

2 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

What I saw of Matt Corral looked like he had never played football before. I Think his ceiling is a number 2 guy

Agreed, but I would love to see him become a capable backup.  The bright side is, he was getting garbage reps from a garbage OC.  That said, maybe he is more talented than what we saw.  But even if he has something more, I doubt he is the guy.  

40 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Matt Corral looked like a complete bust in the preseason.  He won’t be starting here…maybe ever

Would you like getting 2-3 snaps a practice and being thrown into the 4th quarter of a preseason game? Guy wasn't given anywhere near a fair shot, especially with how McAdoo's offense got Baker looking. No way was this offseason training camp in favor of the QB's, it was about Rhule and McAdoo fuging around trying to stay relevant 

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Hopefully Corral becomes a top 3 backup QB but I don’t see him as a franchise guy 

What does top 3 backup mean? It's hard to judge anyone after Rhule just ruined like 4 QB's careers trying to save his own job. Zappe/Jones/Mills/Jones aren't anything mind blowing but their coaches got them functioning

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If Corral somehow defeats all odds and looks great, then we simply flip him or our top pick for a nice return and be grateful we finally have a franchise QB.

It's all so hypothetical right now, I'm wondering if we draft a guy, keep Corral and pick up a Minshew/Brissett type guy. The Steelers current situation might be the closest to reality as far as 3 dudes battling it out. Crazy thing is we don't even know who our staff is next year under that battle. QB FA list is pretty much our last 5 qbs and Minshew lol

• Pie 1

Zappe has started and looked good. Malik looked good.

Our own press spoke glowingly about Corrals mental reps on the sideline. They told us that all the reps behind the first and second stringers we're given to Baker,Baker,Baker and Sam, then PJ.......then Matt Corral with the third stringers.

The "he looked horrible" crowd is really lol at this point. The third string was horrible. Baker has looked like sh*t with the first team. None of you chuckle heads saw Corral with the first or second team so you didn't "see" anything but guys in front of him failing and the dude running for his life and had that tight end caught that pass his stat line would have been respectable with third string talent on roller skates on top of the 2023 QBs feet.

Maybe he did actually need to heel up from trying to take on the SEC as a QB/RB.

He could have just worried about the bag and not played in the senior bowl but he did it for his guys because he didn't want to let THEM down. F'n heart, f'n character.

They called him the developmental pick because that's exactly what they're doing NOW. You guys think they're NOT going to play him and see what he's got especially now after Bailey Zappe!? 

The Panthers will be shipping off a second round pick to NE just to have Corral in the building, the guy who was arguably 2021's best QB with a 72% completion percentage. That guy? Oh, he's playing.

If they hire Lane Monte Kiffin Corral is a lock. They already talked to Kiffin about Corral and their offense before the draft, the familiarity is there, maybe HE impressed them. That is likely. Young offensive mind with NFL HC experience is Lane Kiffin.

Not my first choice but I really think it's likely, he's another coach with NFL HC experience in college football and his QB just got picked up. I'm smelling it happening. Matt Corral in Lane Kiffins offense vs Tampa Bay?! That would be delicious. Especially before Tampa could hire the guy and his long history with his dad and the BUCS organization.

• Pie 1