• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Smith

TheCasillas

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Where is he? He is game day active but seeing zero snaps. Amare Barno even got snaps yesterday. You'd figure the coaching staff would play our younger players. Considering the potential of Brandon Smith, I wonder why he isn't getting any snaps.

Anyone have theories or content addressing this topic?

Wilson, Shaw, Wooten, Luvu are all ahead of him...he got some ST's snaps, EDGE where Barno plays is not as deep as the off-ball LB'er position. 

A couple guys would need to miss time for Smith to have room to step in. 

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

That only has something to do with it in your pea-sized brain. Appreciate you trying to connect concepts that are wholly unrelated, though. Spend more time telling us how Scott Fitterer's so great. Was it the Darnold trade that convinced you, or the Henderson trade? Or was everything bad just on Rhule?

I don't just dismiss what you post, but we don't know if Fitterer had to try to make deals for Darnold and Henderson because Rhule wanted him to.

I guess it's within the realm of possibility that Fitterer could be the mastermind behind these moves, but from the things I've read it seemed like Rhule had final say on these things and Fitterer was a conduit between him and other FOs.  Fitterer would let Rhule and Co. know a player was a available for trade and then Rhule and "the brain trust" would decide to either pursue or not. 

The Darnold thing was probably more a committee type thing than Henderson, although Tepper and Rhule both made that situation arise just by bashing Teddy.  The Henderson thing seems more like Rhule really wanting him and asking Fitterer to go get him.

In both cases I hope Fitterer made the trades as palatable as possible for the Panthers - just like other signings that I wasn't a big fan of like Donte Jackson and Ian Thomas. 

I am not saying Fitterer has or will be great, but the moves that have been made since Rhule was shown the door have been pretty damn good, especially the ultimate return on CMAC because it is apparent now we weren't getting a 1st from any team.  Do we give Fetterer any credit for the revamped O-Line or the selection of Icky and Horn (who has been great if he can stay on the field)?  We can't pick and choose.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

That only has something to do with it in your pea-sized brain. Appreciate you trying to connect concepts that are wholly unrelated, though. Spend more time telling us how Scott Fitterer's so great. Was it the Darnold trade that convinced you, or the Henderson trade? Or was everything bad just on Rhule?

Hahahahaha, again you are ignoring Rhule having final roster say. Ignoring obvious facts, but I'm the one with the pea sized brain. No one is saying Fitterer is so great, but he had a helluva better track record before being hired to be Rhule's rubber stamp. 

• Beer 1