• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-Line Performance vs Tampa

Vox

We have six OL under contract next season.  If we can re-sign Bozeman for cheap, that will be seven.  Honestly we can draft a swing tackle on day three and acquire a undrafted /dirt cheap FA guard, our OL is set!  Wow, that feels freaking odd because our OL had been a train wreck for so long.

• Beer 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

I don’t know if anything he did well here except from not embarrassing the team or city off the field and picking kickers 

Couldn't name much of anything, honestly.

Yet despite that fact, just about up until it's firing I had people adamantly arguing with me that he was a good coach and I needed to support him.

I think my personal favorite was the guy whose basic argument was that he could "just flat out coach" 🙄

• The D 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet despite that fact, just about up until it's firing I had people adamantly arguing with me that he was a good coach and I needed to support him.

I think my personal favorite was the guy whose basic argument was that he could "just flat out coach" 🙄

I think what they meant to say was “he could be flat out  out coached.”

• The D 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He’d probably be a good coach at UNC Charlotte or ECU where he is a small fish in a big pond, and can coach up a bunch of 2* and 3* athletes against ferocious competition like Tulsa, Western Carolina, and UAB. 

27 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He’d probably be a good coach at UNC Charlotte or ECU where he is a small fish in a big pond, and can coach up a bunch of 2* and 3* athletes against ferocious competition like Tulsa, Western Carolina, and UAB. 

He really seems like a guy that loved the idea of coaching instead of actually coaching.  Snow was the Xs and Os actual dude implementing game plans and Rhule is the just a face; I really never saw the pure football aptitude with him.  Very politician-y. Seems way better suited to be this Czar of a mid-tier college squad that focuses on speech-circuits and recruiting.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

If we had fired Rhule/Snow last year this would be a defense and OL led playoff team, especially given NFC South

We also would probably have a young QB in Fields who is getting better under a terrible line in Chicago and not another CB who can't stay healthy. Rhule and Snow were terrible. 

• Pie 1

Boz didn't disappoint and was again proof that if you were a Rhule guy, you are the wrong guy. He should have been starting all year.

BC is great in the passing game but he is still a liability in the run game. He looks like the biggest weakness on the line and that is a great problem to have for a team that has had years of crap oline play. 

We are finally looking like a team that has what it needs to develop a young QB. 

• Beer 1