• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers offense yesterday was what it should have been all year.

electro's horse

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Walker missed numerous open throws, choked his WRs momentum on others with bad passes, and overall managed the game against a poor Tampa defense

it’s not a performance they can replicate with consistency and it’s especially not a formula for winning a super bowl

I mean didn't he just outplay Brady...

Just now, Icdeadpeople said:

I mean didn't he just outplay Brady...

What point are you even trying to make with this comment

the panthers fluked into an ambush win against a bad team

there’s nothing to draw from it on how to build a roster that has sustained success 

10 minutes ago, Icdeadpeople said:

Y is Norv Turner coming to mind....

Look yesterday game was the first time this team showed it was on the same page...

Baker had the same line.. better weapons...so did Darnold...it's the QB play, PJ doing what being asked that's all...Mahomes, Jackson, Allen get to go off script if they want. PJ knows the offense better than anyone on the team I bet... he's seen three different versions of it. 

And CmC sometimes was a handicap, damn if u do type player...

What's he doing in San Francisco? Same results...

Btw the offense never look so good as it did on Sunday. PJ getting a full week rep...

Darnold help show PJ what not to do

Baker help show PJ how not to act

So at the end of the day PJ should've been the Quarterback from jump. When the last time we saw a QB play so well...

So the 49ers losing to KC was partially CMC’s fault? GTFOH 😂 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

What point are you even trying to make with this comment

the panthers fluked into an ambush win against a bad team

there’s nothing to draw from it on how to build a roster that has sustained success 

There was a game check

We had a new Head Coach who had a full week with no distractions last week the fire of rhule...

A defense mind coach at that, no matter what you say about the bucs defense...did you see Brady's numbers against us.. average at least 30pts and he walked away with 3 so he the headlines wouldn't read shutout...we talking Brady down by 3 possessions early 4th he's not going for a TD...lol.

Wilks the man, and he knows PJ his best shot at making the playoffs and retaining the head coach position.

I bet Tepper said you control your destiny, and he's started that the right way by showing old NFC South championships...why because we expect nothing less...shaq was on the team then, Wilks rekindle something in him because I saw the fire on that 4 and 1 stop. 

This defense is ready to do whatever this man says...

McAdoo knows he audition either way it goes for a new position...

PJ just wants to play...

The fans just want wins...

2 hours ago, Growl said:

Walker missed numerous open throws, choked his WRs momentum on others with bad passes, and overall managed the game against a poor Tampa defense

it’s not a performance they can replicate with consistency and it’s especially not a formula for winning a super bowl

I have no idea what game you watched... PJ was elite yesterday within the game plan.

I don't live and die by PFF, but they gave him the highest QB grade of the year.  I don't know about all that, but I know PJ better an almost perfect game yesterday against a quality defense.

Did you actually watch the game???

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about... those TD throws to DJ and Tommy were the epitome of elite throws.

Of course there is a good chance PJ won't be able to continue to play that well.  But, at least for yesterday, he played the best game at QB a Panthers QB has since at least 2018 and maybe 2017

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The QB and RBs were able to play with patience from behind the LoS for the first time last week

This was due to Bozeman at C firing up the OL and getting the calls right while actually moving one of the best DTs in the league with his blocking. The interior OL release to the second level was so much better.

This was the OL CMC needed to play behind.

They kept covering up Ickey with a TE (sometimes 2 TEs) so he had more time to set his pass pro too. Ickey against the pass has been a big problem all season when left without help. The OL had Ickey playing more like a guard in the running game with a TE to his outside and Ickey releasing to the second level to block LBs with Christensen pulling to the outside.

PJ Walker also stepped up into the pocket and did not lose this footwork. On the TD pass to DJ, Ickey was left uncovered and got beat bad by the pass rusher. The pass rusher was feet away from PJ for a sack and PJ felt the rush. He followed through with his hitch steps to keep the timing on the pass to DJ and let the ball fly right before he was going to take a hit. Darnold or Mayfield would have seen Ickey get beat bad and bailed on that throw with the tightest of windows to DJ in the back of the endzone. They would have tucked the ball and taken the sack or tried to use their happy feet to get out of the pocket.

PJ is not the best QB to have under center with other options available, but he has better footwork than Darnold or Mayfield in the pocket with pressure around him.

• Pie 2