• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Finding a QB is hard

Martin

We may have our qb on the roster I was just about to create a thread but hopefully this will suffice. How did Icky look his first few weeks under Matt’s silly rotation, horrible! How does he look after getting time to learn and work on his craft without fighting for his position with a guy who was deemed to have to short of arms to start the year before lol. Now fast forward to Matt C based off his film and college production he’s a good qb. He now needs tutelage to take the next step plain and simple he has all the tools but will we coach him up and put a few more playmakers on offense (a speedster at WR to compliment DJ TMJ and Shenault) I’m starting to think he may be the future.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

We may have our qb on the roster I was just about to create a thread but hopefully this will suffice. How did Icky look his first few weeks under Matt’s silly rotation, horrible! How does he look after getting time to learn and work on his craft without fighting for his position with a guy who was deemed to have to short of arms to start the year before lol. Now fast forward to Matt C based off his film and college production he’s a good qb. He now needs tutelage to take the next step plain and simple he has all the tools but will we coach him up and put a few more playmakers on offense (a speedster at WR to compliment DJ TMJ and Shenault) I’m starting to think he may be the future.

Yeah, its really impossible to fairly judge Corral on the very tiny body of work he had in the preseason, working with 4th stringers, hardly getting any practice reps.  Nobody would look good under those conditions.  

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah, its really impossible to fairly judge Corral on the very tiny body of work he had in the preseason, working with 4th stringers, hardly getting any practice reps.  Nobody would look good under those conditions.  

Rhule was just an unmitigated disaster.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

One other thing I'd throw in on this topic...

Don't always be looking for "the next" whomever.

I know a lot of Panther fans love the idea of finding the next Cam Newton, but you also have to realize that player may not be out there in the current draft pool. And even if they are, would they be compatible with the kind of scheme our new head coach wants to run?

Plus, just frankly, when you're looking for a clone of someone you liked in the past, You are by definition limiting your choices and may end up missing someone who could be just as good even if they're not the same style.

Just stick to trying to find someone who can win in the NFL, whatever style of player they might be.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1