• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

1 minute ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

I have to be honest, the more I see and read about hooker, the more I like it. I don’t think we will get a top 2 pick so Hooker could be that perfect sweet spot in the top 10 or 12

Me too. My only concern is the age, as the older a QB gets in college, the more mentally and physically he matures, so there is a higher chance he is just beating up on kids. 

He has a great build, strong arm, good mobility. He checks a lot of boxes, and he is interesting even considering his age though. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Some aren’t being realistic as they have MC at QB3 or higher.

These are opinions. You should share yours, explaining why it isn’t realistic. 

Most of the players on this list (including Corral) have physical tools of NFL qb’s, and their success will largely depend on mental processing, coaching, surrounding talent, etc. 

My opinion is that people are jaded against Corral as a prospect because he was drafted in the 3rd round, and he did not have success in preseason play.

I don’t think many (not all) have evaluated his college tape closely though. If they did, he has clear skills that translate to NFL success, and he isn’t physically limited. What’s between the ears (and whether or not he is given opportunity) will make or break him. 

• Pie 1

Right now for me it's

Stroud- seems to be the most complete with everything you want in a QB (size, athletics ability, intelligence, arm)

Young/Levis- Levis has the tools but has never really dominated a game (he is usually playing for a Kentucky team that is outmatch).  Young looks the part, but size and durability concern me.  He likes to extend plays and take hits which might cause trouble on the next level

Hooker- Checks a lot of boxes even with the age thing, but that offense is designed to catch the defense off balance and have wide open WRs.  I think he is a hardworking good sized QB that will put in the work to be solid at the next level

Penix Jr- Check him out over at Washington.  He put up not so impressive numbers at Indiana but is looking great since he transferred.  He is a lefty gunslinger that has decent size and mobility to go along with it.  I'm curious to see how he finishes out the season

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't studied him much yet. What is it you like about him?

I will throw some quick bullets here:

• Exellent Mechanics
  • Plays in a pro style offense already
  • Generates the power behind his pass from his hips and doesnt rely strictly on the arm
  • Most likley the strongest arm of the draft
  • Strong runner
  • Prototype size
  • Athlete
  • Sees the field, and already understands the value of a dump off
  • Surrounded by B level talent and still succeeding
  • Laslty, runs an offense where he has to see the whole field, and not cut it in half like a lot of college QBs.

Here is a fun video of his throw motion and power generating from his hips

my personal perspective... he is the Calvin Johnson of QBs.... Basically doesnt get used to his full potential in college, but comes to the pros and dominates.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

1. Young size is a small issue with me but I love his accuracy.  I just hope he doesn't give NFL linebackers and Safeties a chance to rip his head off.

2. Hooker, IDGAF about his age.  He's only a couple years older.  The guy has everything you want in a QB.  We'll be able to see Levi and Hooker this weekend as Kentucky plays Tennessee.  The following week Tennessee plays Georgia.  If Hooker beats Georgia don't be surprised if he moves to the #1 spot for QBs in the upcoming draft.  He's already in the Heisman hunt. 

2. Corral  I believe Rhule intentionally blocked any development of Corral.  He hitched his wagon to Mayfield and focused on winning with him.   Why would he develop a player that will be the QB for another head coach.   Too bad Tepper couldn't see this and fired his ass in Training Camp.  Corral has a toughness about him and his leadership is very good.  I want to see him get a fair shot.  IMO we'll be pleasantly surprised.

4. Stroud, He's been discussed several times, but I don't see what the infatuation is with him.  He wins but just about any QB at OSU is going to win.  I just don't care for him much and BTW OSU is one of my favorite College teams.

5. Levis, I don't know much about him but plan on watching the UK/Tenn match up this weekend. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

• Exellent Mechanics
  • Generates the power behind his pass from his hips and doesnt rely strictly on the arm
  • Strong runner
  • Prototype size
  • Athlete
  • Laslty, runs an offense where he has to see the whole field, and not cut it in half like a lot of college QBs.

my personal perspective... he is the Calvin Johnson of QBs.... Basically doesnt get used to his full potential in college, but comes to the pros and dominates.

Man I must have been watching the wrong game. He looked raw, somewhat goofy, and inaccurate. Perhaps I picked an off day. 

I look forward to watching more. Any particular games that stick out? 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

• Exellent Mechanics
  • Strong runner
  • Prototype size
  • Athlete

I see the hip twist you're talking about. Makes it look easy...

(been trying to coach my grandson to use more hip motion to help his soccer kicks)

Pretty good sales job. I'm intrigued.

Edited by Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, didn't people say pretty much the same thing about Fields?

Nah, many (me included) said Fields was a product of the system and didn’t make reads much in college which wouldn’t translate. He also didn’t throw as well or accurate as Stroud. Many didn’t want us to draft Fields, it’s just the ones that did got loud about it especially once Baker didn’t work out.