• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Age is just a part of it.  Levis is in a nfl offense.  Hooker is in a mickey mouse offense with no overwhelming traits and will be 25 at draft time.  Also has accuracy concerns.  I doubt the heisman trophy moves the needle for nfl gms anymore.  Give it a listen they talk about hooker towards the end.  

He is 70% completion rate on the season?  How is that accuracy concerns?  I get they run the no huddle, air raid style offense, (Mahomes ran something similar) but he sits back and goes through reads.  I live in Knoxville and watched most of his games, I was at the one last week.  His accuracy is what made him the starter.  Last year they started Milton from Michigan who has a cannon, but had trouble with the timing and accuracy required to run that offense.  Hooker came in early in the season and they jumped up in offensive efficiency.  I wouldn't take him in the top of the draft, but late first/early second I would definitely consider him.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is 70% completion rate on the season?  How is that accuracy concerns?  I get they run the no huddle, air raid style offense, (Mahomes ran something similar) but he sits back and goes through reads.  I live in Knoxville and watched most of his games, I was at the one last week.  His accuracy is what made him the starter.  Last year they started Milton from Michigan who has a cannon, but had trouble with the timing and accuracy required to run that offense.  Hooker came in early in the season and they jumped up in offensive efficiency.  I wouldn't take him in the top of the draft, but late first/early second I would definitely consider him.  

I should have put a disclaimer on that post.  Those are not my critiques of him but those three guys in the podcast.  I havent watched that much of hooker tbh.  The alabama game and maybe another one.

But at 25 and having to completely change to a nfl offense is concerning. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Watch the actual throws and not just the stats. Lots of wide open receivers. Lots of receivers making adjustments to "area code" balls. 

36 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Half of Rattlers problem is a porous OLine and WRs dropping balls. Every game I watch there is at least 5 to 6 dropped passes. It's unreal.

Not to mention play calling isn't helping him at all, seems like every series its run, run, WR screen, punt.  Either the OC doesn't trust him to throw the ball, or he is just an idiot 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch the actual throws and not just the stats. Lots of wide open receivers. Lots of receivers making adjustments to "area code" balls. 

There are definitely some adjustments, but mostly on deep balls which still happens in the NFL, it's more of a timing issue to me.  I've seen it draw PI a lot because the WR has to slow down or stop and the CB runs into them.  His mid/short range accuracy looks on point.  Hyatt is an elite WR that gets open a lot and his number 1 has been out for a while now, but I really don't see accuracy as an issue.  He does everything well, just nothing elite IMO.

Mine is evolving but the guy I’m REALLY coming around to and like over Hooker, first after that top-3 is Penix Jr. 

His arm is arguably the best in class, has the size, no age concerns, some mechanics to improve on, but man, I’ve really liked him after diving more into Wash football. He’s made the most next level NFL throws in this class outside of Young and Levis. Seriously has some beauts.

I also like McKee’s tools more than what you may get with a Hooker long term. He’s a slightly better David Mills with better downfield balls. 

1. Young 2. Levis 3. Stroud 4. Penix 5. McKee 5. McCall 6. Hooker

• Pie 1

MPJ’s Michigan State game had some absolute DIMES

Fringe R1/R2 is Penix for me

R 2-3 is McKee, McCall, & Hooker

Hooker is just a tough sell. Would need to be able to start playing immediately and he has stuff to work on 

Edited by davos

10 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hate this breakdown..  It’s like if you don’t play in a Mickey Mouse system and you play in a pro style offense and make reads it’s boring.. or you don’t move the needle..

• Pie 1

1. Stroud - they will try the neg thing on him but I don’t see much wrong with his game.. College production over years +
Physical talent +
pro ready (runs a pro system) +

2. Young - other then size and more scary weight. He’s up there with Stroud

3. Hooker - older prospects in a Mickey Mouse offense.. And it took him time to produce..

4. Levi’s - most physically gifted player.. But got a lot of Sam Darnold traits when reading defenses..

5. Richardson - built like Cam.. Raw like The Golden Calf of Bristol.. You need Sean Payton, Andy Reid or Bruce Arians.. Before drafting him..

6. Corral - talented arm frail body..

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'll take accuracy over system all day every day. That translates.