• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

If we look at Richardson (which I think he is staying in school), I think a good approach would be Eagles OC as HC,  Minshew, and a vet QB Coach. The Eagles OC has done a great job catering his offense to Hurts, Minshew is familiar with the coach/scheme and can play until Richardson is ready. Maybe we have a few offensive packages to get his feet wet early in the season. Just a thought…

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

Richardson will be back in school unless he lights it up. He’s being told by folks if he comes back for one more season and improves as a passer he’s got a chance to be THE top pick of the draft. If he doesn’t perform well he’ll still get drafted due to his athletic ability. Unless he magically becomes a stat padding passer by seasons end he’s in the running to have a team draft him in the second or third hoping they can Josh Allen him. 

He also just recently signed an NIL deal with Gatorade. No point doing that for like two months. He’ll be back next year. 

I mostly agree with you here but if you listen to the ringer podcast I posted they all agreed he would slip into the first based on the 5th year option and then they listed a bunch of guys in similar situations that went back to school and were exposed and were either not drafted or drafted late

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mostly agree with you here but if you listen to the ringer podcast I posted they all agreed he would slip into the first based on the 5th year option and then they listed a bunch of guys in similar situations that went back to school and were exposed and were either not drafted or drafted late

I forgot about the fifth year option and the at does makes sense 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You know considering what it takes to build a team and how much having a good young QB on a rookie deal matters to the talent you can put around him, I'd say 5th year option is arguably a non trivial consideration on your SB window with something like this.

Assuming of course he turns out to be good, which is a huge if.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If we look at Richardson (which I think he is staying in school), I think a good approach would be Eagles OC as HC,  Minshew, and a vet QB Coach. The Eagles OC has done a great job catering his offense to Hurts, Minshew is familiar with the coach/scheme and can play until Richardson is ready. Maybe we have a few offensive packages to get his feet wet early in the season. Just a thought…

Hard Pass on Richardson

i've been pounding the table for stroud for a year but he's looked not as great the last few weeks. 

Young is a gamer I just worry about his size. If he was a little bigger he would be QB1 

Levis scares the poo out of me. Josh Allen is usually Jamarcus Russell. 

I understand everyone cheering for Corral but he is no where near the caliber of a prospect these guys are. In limited action he looked not good. 

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Richardson will be back in school unless he lights it up. He’s being told by folks if he comes back for one more season and improves as a passer he’s got a chance to be THE top pick of the draft. If he doesn’t perform well he’ll still get drafted due to his athletic ability. Unless he magically becomes a stat padding passer by seasons end he’s in the running to have a team draft him in the second or third hoping they can Josh Allen him. 

He also just recently signed an NIL deal with Gatorade. No point doing that for like two months. He’ll be back next year. 

yea that would be the smart move for him. He has sooooo much talent. He could be an amazing QB if given the time to develop properly 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Watch the actual throws and not just the stats. Lots of wide open receivers. Lots of receivers making adjustments to "area code" balls. 

On 10/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, ForJimmy said:

There are definitely some adjustments, but mostly on deep balls which still happens in the NFL, it's more of a timing issue to me.  I've seen it draw PI a lot because the WR has to slow down or stop and the CB runs into them.  His mid/short range accuracy looks on point.  Hyatt is an elite WR that gets open a lot and his number 1 has been out for a while now, but I really don't see accuracy as an issue.  He does everything well, just nothing elite IMO.

That video is a good example of where fans confuse stats and athletic ability with being able to play QB at the next level. 

The video clearly shows he has some tools, as in arm strength and some athletic ability as far as running but a lot of throws were pretty basic that other college Qbs can make.  Although he did have several nice deep balls but even those just show good arm strength and some accuracy.

What you aren't seeing is a lot of throws with anticipation or going throw a lot of progressions.  You aren't seeing those deep outs or dropping the ball in the soft spot of a cover 2.  Those are the next level throws that NFL QBs are asked to make.  

I'm not saying he can't do those things, but the offense he is in isn't really asking him to do those things.  This is why every year there are QBs that fans like because they see completions and TDs and stats, but scouts aren't as crazy as because they don't see the types of throws or abilities that are needed at the next level.

The question becomes is he not doing it because he can't or because he isn't asked to, that is why its so hard to scout QBS.

• Pie 2

On 10/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Samppson said:

1. Stroud - Agree on the surrounding cast being very good and worrisome, but I've seen the ability to throw guys open and to guys who are covered, so its not like Mac Jones where every completion felt like there wasnt a defender within yards. I like that he doesn't seem to run, feels like an element to his game he can unlock, but should also hopefully help him only do it sometimes when needed and stay healthy.

2. Young - All of what you said, Size is a huge concern though. It's easier for small QBs now, but still being tall/thicker frame definitely has its benefits. 

3. Levis - I really like what I saw when I watched him, big arm, plays in a pro style offense so under center won't be an issue for him if asked to do that. Accuracy seems solid and doesnt have stars around him, so thats encouraging. I can't help but worry hes being moved up boards cause of the Josh Allen effect, could be chasing a unicorn. Also, 3 years older than Stroud/Young, so developmentally thats a concern, kinda raw for someone whos 24.

4. Corral - I really liked him coming out of the draft last year, not holding anything against him with his short pre season stint with Rhule. I just think hes slightly behind my top 3 as a prospect. Love the release, seems like he would fit very well in our current scheme which makes it even more disappointing he got injured. 

I don't know enough/watched enough of anyone else to really gauge any order. I watched some of Hooker in the Bama game and he was impressive, but I really dont like hes going to be 25 when drafted, how close is he to his ceiling as a player?

i like richardson the Florida kid ove corral