• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Win or Tank?

Zod

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

This would not bother me as I don't care what that clown thinks about anything since he's no longer coach.

Better him take credit in his brain for any success than him still be coach.

With that said, anyone posting on here that we fired Rhule too soon or he just needed more time should get this treatment...

rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif?f

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

With that said, anyone posting on here that we fired Rhule too soon or he just needed more time should get this treatment...

rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif?f

Is there anyone in existence that irrational? He had to be the most widely hated Panthers coach ever and for such justified reasons. Some weeks I truly believed he was for some reason TRYING to make the dumbest decisions and moves possible to make us worse. It was alarming just how bad and out of place he looked here. Honestly he didn't even appear like he should be coaching a small town highschool team much less given full power with an NFl franchise. He looked so inept and lost I don't even see how a college program would ever want him again.

2 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Is there anyone in existence that irrational? 

How long have you been on this board? 😐

I mean hell, we had people just this past offseason arguing adamantly that Rhule was a good coach and he was going to turn it all around this year.

Naturally, you'd probably also have some folks who'd do it just to be a--holes but yeah, I actually do think there are some people who are just that far out there.

At this point i have gone back and forth in what I hoped for but now that Rhule is gone I'm all for wins and to just build team widw confidence. We are. I Superbowl team but with Rhule finally gone I feel like our team is better than we have been showing the past few years so we should win all we can. There is no guarantee with the number 1 overall pick that we get a franchise changing QB. We got lucky with Cam as he was an absolute once in a lifetime freak of nature physically combined with the mentality of a power fullback in taking on the defense and punishing them back when they tried to tackle him then his competitive streak was nasty while the entire time he grew and matured as he led the team. He was a rare gem and most of the time it does not go that way with the number 1 overall pick. Some of the best ever have been found later picks in the first round and so on. Who knows, maybe the projected couple guys who are slated to go too two won't even develop as dominant pros and some other later pick at QB will. It's somewhat of a crap shoot and lick involved so we should win all we can and build confidence to instill as much winning culture in the players as we can while we see where we land in the draft from there and select a QB with who we have available in the draft at our draft position.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

How long have you been on this board? 😐

I mean hell, we had people just this past offseason arguing adamantly that Rhule was a good coach and he was going to turn it all around this year.

Naturally, you'd probably also have some folks who'd do it just to be a--holes but yeah, I actually do think there are some people who are just that far out there.

I lurked for years and just started posting a year or so ago but yeah I do remember some Rhule supporters but it's just hard to believe anybody at all could be that mentally challenged this past season to support him in any way. Such a horrible coach but thank God he was a short order cook.

As to the question, I approach this season pretty much the same as I approached the last two.

I will always cheer for the team to win, but if they happen to lose and advance their draft position, I'm not going to be all that bothered.

The one difference right now of course is that I would love to see Steve Wilks have success.

• Pie 2