• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Haters. Put some respect on his name.

Proudiddy

No, he might not be an all pro.  He might not be a pro bowler.  He might not be elite.  But he is a fuging gamer and a damn good football player.  

He struggled early, but when it mattered he fuging stepped up and killed it.  Ultimately, we arent in that game at all without PJ.  I know some are going to hate him no matter what, but right now, he's the best we have, and again, I see him in the same mold as a guy like Case Keenum or Heinicke, maybe even a Jake Delhomme in regards to his underdog origins, but only with a hell of a lot more natural talent with his arm and legs.  He might not be the guy you want, but again, he is a hell of a football player.  And when he is on, it is fuging fun to watch.  

Thank you for stepping up, PJ.  You have at least made us competitive and make a season that felt completely lost and hopeless fun to watch again.  Keep Pounding, baby!

• Pie 10
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 5

Just now, Panthera onca said:

His pick 6 cost us the game. That and a sorry kicker of course.

That throw literally could've came from Aaron Rodgers and the same thing would've happened.  It was a screen that would've gained a ton of yards.  His choices were throw it or ground it.  If he gets it over the top, it goes long.  He made the choice most any QB would've made.  Carter just made an insane fuging play, and I hate praising opponents, especially division rivals, but that was just an incredible, lucky to happen once in a career-type play.  Carter deserves all the credit for that play, and PJ deserves very little blame.

And again, regardless, once that play happened, you forget it and move on.  PJ, as we all felt also, looked crushed.  Then he came out in the second half and threw some absolute lasers.  We don't tie that game, we aren't even in that game without his play in the second half.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

He played his heart out just like Delhomme used to do. Also just like Delhomme we should strive to find someone better. 

Not mad at PJ, he’s far exceeded expectations and maybe he even catches on with another team because of this season. 

I respect it.  I'd like to see him stick around as a backup long-term, regardless of what happens.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

PJ is, and maybe has, played himself into a backup role next season for this team or another. He’s not elite, but he belongs in this league and is the best QB we have on this roster. I want to continue losing, and ultimately move on, but he’s a gamer. I enjoy watching him play. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

OP probably claimed PJ was going to lead us to the playoffs after we beat the Bucs. 

He’s a backup QB who threw against a horrible defense today. Let’s give him a medal for that pick six, though. 

No, I don't believe I did.

And again, despite his mistakes and misfires, he put us in a position to win the game and stepped up when it mattered most.  I guess you miss watching our QB get his passes batted at the line 9 times a game, or maybe a Darnold-era "throw into triple coverage to no one wearing a Panthers jersey"-style QBing.  Some people just can't ever be happy.🤣

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

He was pure trash today. He get nothing on his name. If not for Forman we would have lost the worst defense by 21.

We have seen plenty of trash QB play in the last 25+ years. If that was trash, I'll take trash. The pick 6 sucked, was a freak play. He picked himself up and battled like hell. There are not many QBs that can make that throw to DJ.

• Flames 1

Just now, AggieLean said:

PJ is, and maybe has, played himself into a backup role next season for this team or another. He’s not elite, but he belongs in this league and is the best QB we have on this roster. I want to continue losing, and ultimately move on, but he’s a gamer. I enjoy watching him play. 

Damn straight, brother. 

• Beer 1