• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ = Heinicke

NAS

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Pretty much the same player. Good enough to win a few games, but also remind you why they’re not a franchise QB due to inconsistency .  

PJ is a solid backup but just like first half today he will not be able to carry this team into the future.   He has limitation in seeing the field and missing wide open throws.

I can agree to that.  He's been servicable but not our future QB.

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

Well I don't believe that I've seen anyone say that he is our future. He has earned some respect though, and has proved that he should be on a roster. 

If we think about it, since being committed to, P.J. is playing his best football. Sometimes guys need time and opportunity. I believe that was only his fifth start. He can get even better more than likely. 

Being a gamer is a thing. It is real. Some guys shine in practice and the game, some shine in practice and wilt when the red light comes on. And some suck in practice but when stuff is for real they just rise to it. 

I don’t know which one PJ is but we should find out. He has the arm. There is no doubt in my mind that he can make the throws. It will come down to his decision making. 

Edited by stratocatter

8 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

You guys act like QBs never throw a pick 6. PJ made enough plays to win the game which is all anyone an hope for at this point. It also makes him a capable backup with a higher ceiling that we thought.

The current pick six leader on the year is Andy Dalton. All three of our veteran quarterbacks have thrown them too. Maybe not good company there. Besides the truth is in the numbers. 29.6 QBR for Walker and 75.5 for Mariota who many here have said is washed and nothing special.

10 hours ago, frankw said:

Can't wait until we purge these awful quarterbacks in the offseason and these weird Stans that follow them leave too. Stay up all night pooing posts the truth hurts @Wundrbread33@Klepto2klub

Why am I being tagged? Because I liked drafting Corral and haven’t called him a bust after 30 camp reps and 3 quarters of 4th string preseason? Seems reasonable and thoughtful.

Come to think of it…that is weird here. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why am I being tagged? Because I liked drafting Corral and haven’t called him a bust after 30 camp reps and 3 quarters of 4th string preseason? Seems reasonable and thoughtful.

Come to think of it…that is weird here. 

Corral turning into a franchise QB at this point is a longshot. I was high on hopium too when we made that pick but we're drafting another signal caller it is what it is.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Corral turning into a franchise QB at this point is a longshot. I was high on hopium too when we made that pick but we're drafting another signal caller it is what it is.

And that draft pick will, likewise, be a longshot at becoming a franchise QB. That just comes with the territory. 

Like Corral, he will have physical talent, but between the ears, work ethic, coaching, injury, etc…these intangible things make or break prospects at the top level.

Then there’s the definition of “franchise QB”. Some day top 10, top 5, and some define it more so by wins than stats.

The last three years has me just thirsty for consistent QB play 😆. I don’t care who TBH. Just tired of the QB holding everything back. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, frankw said:

The current pick six leader on the year is Andy Dalton. All three of our veteran quarterbacks have thrown them too. Maybe not good company there. Besides the truth is in the numbers. 29.6 QBR for Walker and 75.5 for Mariota who many here have said is washed and nothing special.

Matt Stafford is the all-time leader and led the previous three seasons, including his Super Bowl.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1