• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I feel Wilks needs another season to win his job.

Snake

3 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Where is it written that Wilks is BAD for a rookie QB? Yes, he may not be some offense guru nerd but the guy is a leader and cares. I will take leadership, intelligence (Rhule had zero), care for his players, and no non sense blue collar approach he seems to have over offense nerd any day. Wilks isn't stupid and knows he is not an offensive guru so I bet he would go out and find one. Hell, I am willing to bet Brady may have potentially been better under Wilks. The first thing a young QB needs is a good leader in a coach and if you can find him a good veteran willing to teach and help then you have one hell of a good healthy venue for growth and development. Throw into the mix an offense guru nerd QB coach and coordinator and you could have a perfect situation to get the most growth possible out of a QB and thats all you could possibly ask for. I don't see Wilks being bad for a young QB at all. Hell, look how the players seem to be responding to Wilks with more energy, fire and effort on all sides of the ball already.

We did the whole good leader of men thing with Rivera already and pissed away a generational talent at QB

It’s 2022 give me an offensive minded coach to pair with a young QB

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why do people want another conservative, old fashioned HC? 
People wanting to settle with Wilks is hilariously short sighted. 

The exact words I was thinking of when I was going to make a comment. Conservative. No thanks. I like Wilks but he’s not the future of the NFL. Not the direction I want this team to go.  Sure the team is looking better right now, but it would be hard to look as bad as Rhule had it and this is probably just a surge brought about by change. I’d much rather start over fresh with a new HC and staff to mold our new QB. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Snake said:

We are not even promised that this year. We win one more game and we are picking 5 through 7. Do you think we are going to be able to outsuck the Lions and Texans? Do you feel Fitt isn't capable of drafting a QB? Thought? 

Any time you are in "prove it" mode, its a bad situation.  For Tepper  to tell Wilks he has to prove it, again, wouldn't be fair to Wilks or the Panthers.  Having Wilks bring in new staff next year only to let them go because they didn't "prove it" the  makes no sense.

If Wilks coaches next year, its for at least two seasons.

49 minutes ago, Snake said:

The reason I would think he would take that chance is that it would be another feather in his resume and would give him a full offseason to show how good he really is. He's in a lame duck situation as we speak without any staff picks. I'm not sold he's a terrible coach. The only thing I'm sold on is he needs more time. Even if we give him a two year deal it wouldn't be costly and would all Fitt to undo a lot of Rhules screw ups. Trying to evaluate him right now is very difficult. With that said if we can land a proven quality HC then you definitely pull the trigger on that. That's not a knock on wilks that's just business. 

There is a logic to that. 

Normally, when teams go through a disaster of a HC, their next hire is a guy who can provide stability.  Think John Fox at Denver as an example.  Somebody has to come in, sweep up that ashes, and put the furniture back in place.

The Eagles proved that does not have to be done, and that Denver team proved stability does not have to come at the expense of winning. 

I think we walked out of the Rhule debacle younger and maybe in better shape than both of those teams.  And maybe canning The Process early allows this year to be the year the ashes are swept up and the furniture starts to get put in place.  We still have work to do, though.

As others have already pointed out, it would be the Panther move of Panther moves to just give SW the coaching gig. The NFL has shifted to the offensive side of the ball, and that’s what we need to focus on. Wilks would be another Rivera at best. 

Let’s do our homework and determine who the best candidate would be in the current landscape of the league. Or is that too difficult for our competent franchise to figure out? 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The exact words I was thinking of when I was going to make a comment. Conservative. No thanks. I like Wilks but he’s not the future of the NFL. Not the direction I want this team to go.  Sure the team is looking better right now, but it would be hard to look as bad as Rhule had it and this is probably just a surge brought about by change. I’d much rather start over fresh with a new HC and staff to mold our new QB. 

I agree. I think a lot of people don’t realize that Rhule was so bad Wilks looks amazing in comparison. But we can definitely do better. 
Even the Commanders look good occasionally but they still look like a Rivera coached team and Rivera has no QB to bail his butt out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I think we walked out of the Rhule debacle younger and maybe in better shape than both of those teams.  And maybe canning The Process early allows this year to be the year the ashes are swept up and the furniture starts to get put in place.  We still have work to do, though.

Regarding this point, I feel like it's incumbent to mention that we are owned by David Tepper 😕

• The D 1