• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Offering Two (Future) Firsts for Burns

3 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I'm not gonna lie to you that makes zero sense and I appreciate things like value charts. 

I am sorry it doenst make sense, but that is how NFL front offices treat it. They do it on a conservative approach, because you dont know where that pick will land in the round. So you approach it as the worst possible outcome. The rule of thumb in the NFL is any future pick is viewed as -1 round. 

Im sure you can google this if you still feel this makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. Not "a team". The defending Super Bowl champs. The Eagles are also hard after him. This is what good organizations do. They use bad organizations basically like minor league feeder teams.

The Seahawks overpaid for Adams because they had dreams of the Legion of Boom dancing in their heads.

All I'm saying here is we shouldn't be trading elite talent at premium positions because we're drunk on draft picks. We have pure junk on the edges minus Burns. Who knows how much draft capital you'll have to "burn" through trying to fix that.

Have we seen a hard source on the Eagles being after him though?

I know there's been a lot of speculation but many of those same sources still think DJ Moore is up for grabs too.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I am sorry it doenst make sense, but that is how NFL front offices treat it. They do it on a conservative approach, because you dont know where that pick will land in the round. So you approach it as the worst possible outcome. The rule of thumb in the NFL is any future pick is viewed as -1 round. 

but its not apples to apples in reality

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not comparing, just laughing because not once have I seen that 17-40 argument against Burns but it was prevalent against CMC. Probably because CMC wasn’t on the team and Burns still is.

Well only one of them plays offense. Plus many here have claimed 22 to have been the best weapon in football and we just scored 34 points for the first time since last November without him and PJ Walker was our QB. Sorry man you can't have it both ways here.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I know what you are saying but in reality that is just not true

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

What? Not true and also f*ck value charts. You snag a gamer in the first round and get that 5th year option that’s crucial 

I am not making this up, as much you want to argue against it. This is the common thought process of GMs in the NFL. poo, even Fitterer spoke of this in one of his pressers. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have we seen a hard source on the Eagles being after him though?

I know there's been a lot of speculation but many of those same sources still think DJ Moore is up for grabs too.

To be fair, I should've said "were". I highly doubt they still are after reading for Robert Quinn.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Prob similar to the money now > money later approach in finance. Also I suppose it makes sense to view it as the worst possible outcome to keep it conservative but still.... first round picks are first round picks. Blue chip talent in there if you approach it the right way. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

its math.... how is that not reality? They literally are using a scoring metric to make a decision... not hearts and feelings....

Yes vs the value of the picks right now, not in the future and that is what we are discussing and its not math its how things are valued on a chart