• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades from Panthers' Week 8 vs Falcons

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

How many freaking TEs are on our active roster??? Having 4 of them, you would think that at least one of them would be average...

We play musical chairs with them it's hard t'say if they're building any consistency. Both Steph and Tommy have flashed the last two weeks though so here's hoping. They're both in their 3rd and 2nd years respectively.

22 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

We need a TE

Yeah. We should've made that trade for Hock, could've probably given up a little bit less than the Vikes did so they could move him out of division. A legit TE is a great safety blanket and weapon for a young QB. Everything we do this offseason needs to be setting up for a rookie QB (Young or Stroud ideally) to have success. Coaching, FA, rest of the draft, etc.

OL is pretty well set but I'd like to add some more legitimate depth there. DJ is a good start at WR, we'll see how TMJ does the rest of the year but ideally we upgrade on him at WR2 and TE significantly this offseason. Also, I'd like to see us take a shot on a mid round RB to pair with Foreman, especially one who can catch the ball. Chuba was fine a few weeks ago but he's really not that explosive and very mistake prone. Foreman has been great since we traded CMC but I'm not sold on him as our mid/long term starter at HB.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah. We should've made that trade for Hock, could've probably given up a little bit less than the Vikes did so they could move him out of division. A legit TE is a great safety blanket and weapon for a young QB. Everything we do this offseason needs to be setting up for a rookie QB (Young or Stroud ideally) to have success. Coaching, FA, rest of the draft, etc.

OL is pretty well set but I'd like to add some more legitimate depth there. DJ is a good start at WR, we'll see how TMJ does the rest of the year but ideally we upgrade on him at WR2 and TE significantly this offseason. Also, I'd like to see us take a shot on a mid round RB to pair with Foreman, especially one who can catch the ball. Chuba was fine a few weeks ago but he's really not that explosive and very mistake prone. Foreman has been great since we traded CMC but I'm not sold on him as our mid/long term starter at HB.

Chuba had a higher average than Foreman in that same game, and that's with Foreman even breaking one. He's certainly more explosive, and has the speed to boot.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, top dawg said:

Chuba had a higher average than Foreman in that same game, and that's with Foreman even breaking one. He's certainly more explosive, and has the speed to boot.

I'm trying to find that graphic they displayed on the screen during the game. 

I just remember seeing Derrick Henry as #1, Cmc as #2, Donte and Chubba also listed among the qualifying college running backs. I just cant recall the title they were talking about. 

As for Chubba... he is the more explosive option. Foreman is who you bring in after the defense is gassed. He's a bruiser that's sneaky fast. Chubba is the speedy - can run one in if he hits the hole type. If he has an initial hole to run through, he's actually pretty dangerous. He hasn't had that enough here to show that ability since we drafted him. The last TD he scored comes to mind.

Chubba behind this line is a different player. Or at the least "should" be. Foreman is who he was last year, Rhule just didn't have the smarts to use him. I thought at the very least he'd b used near the goal line and in short yardage situations... nope. 

• Pie 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:43 PM, PleaseCutStewart said:

How many freaking TEs are on our active roster??? Having 4 of them, you would think that at least one of them would be average...

I don't even know where to begin...this is the NFL and average means sucks.  You would be correct, our TEs suck.