• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insight into trade rumors

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yea remember that time we interviewed him and hired Gettleman  instead?  Good times 

member the time where JR fired gettlegut after bills hired Billy 4 months before.......after panthers spent 17 years in developing him. 

Round 2 of give me a Herniay to the rescue.....fresh off his radio gig.....how did anyone stand his voice??

fug JR set this team back 20+ years with this dumbass move.....hernia in tuen browned up Tepper and helped tepper hire Rhule and now we are back to start.....fug 

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

Brandon has done a great job, and he's young.  Interested that they weren't interested in Kamara.

In related news (since we don't have a NFL news thread that I can find, Mike Thomas was placed on IR today and isn't not expected to play this year.  Looks like the team told him twice to have surgery, and again he didn't....but now he will.  

"Thomas will have missed 40 over the past three. His future with the Saints is certainly in doubt in the wake of this news.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/saints-to-place-michael-thomas-on-ir

Probably because Ole’ Alvin likes getting liquored up in the club and sucker punching people. 

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Brandon has done a great job, and he's young.  Interested that they weren't interested in Kamara.

I don't think that is what was said. It's been a couple hours since I watched it, but I'm pretty sure...

They saw Kamara was available from somewhere (twitter, grapevine, w/e.)

Called them. Got no response back, so they did no research.

Media reported they were rejected.

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but just saw that the Rams offered 2 firsts and a second for Burns. Time for him to prove that kind of worth. That one may come back to haunt us. Hope I’m wrong. 

2023 Second (I assume)

2024 First

2025 First

That would have been an incredible haul. Those two firsts have potential to be top 15 picks over the next two years as the Rams look poised to regress with that oline and an aging Stafford. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

2023 Second (I assume)

2024 First

2025 First

That would have been an incredible haul. Those two firsts have potential to be top 15 picks over the next two years as the Rams look poised to regress with that oline and an aging Stafford. 

100% agree. What a stupid decision. Primarily made because Burns is a short term puzzle piece for a GM who very likely won’t last long enough to use those draft picks.

That was QB level compensation for a tweener DE who sucks against the run and hasn’t even posted double digit sacks in a full season. What a dumb franchise we root for. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Primarily made because Burns is a short term puzzle piece for a GM who very likely won’t last long enough to use those draft picks.

There's zero indication Fitterer is on any sort of hot seat.

Just the opposite. Josh Klein, for example, described him as "very safe".

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There's zero indication Fitterer is on any sort of hot seat.

Just the opposite. Josh Klein, for example, described him as "very safe".

For now. If he turned down that package and the Rams stink in 2024 and 2025 we will regret that trade. He hasn’t done anything worth keeping him for IMO. But we will see how he does without Rhule making fathead decisions 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

But we will see how he does without Rhule making fathead decisions 

This for me is the key. It's really hard to know how good or bad of a GM Fitts is because we don't know how much Fhule factored into all the decisions. All we can infer is that him being very safe would seem to imply Tepper knows or at least thinks most of the prior bad decisions were on Fhule and not Fitts.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

For now. If he turned down that package and the Rams stink in 2024 and 2025 we will regret that trade. He hasn’t done anything worth keeping him for IMO. But we will see how he does without Rhule making fathead decisions 

Not so sure our owner agrees.

Frankly, I'd put a pretty high likelihood on the criteria for what we would or wouldn't accept for guys like Moore and Burns having been discussed with Tepper.

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This for me is the key. It's really hard to know how good or bad of a GM Fitts is because we don't know how much Fhule factored into all the decisions. All we can infer is that him being very safe would seem to imply Tepper knows or at least thinks most of the prior bad decisions were on Fhule and not Fitts.

You’re also assuming David Tepper has even the slightest ability to construct a winning franchise which he has shown no inclination of being able to do….

Turning down the Burns package was a massive mistake and Rhule isn’t here.

• Pie 1