• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ to start Thursday

Cdparr7

Truth is, we already know none of our QBs are the guy. We simply don’t have a franchise QB. Could any three of them play competently, and perhaps even well, for short stretches? Yes. But those instances are most often when the surrounding situation allows it—i.e. great supporting play from those around them, favorable game script situations, etc.  They aren’t good enough to rise above their limitations on a consistent basis or elevate the play of the entire offense.  

So it doesn’t really matter who we trot out there. Sure, get more film on each of them to see who might be retained as a serviceable backup, even though I don’t need more game tape to know the answer is Mayfield, which is not an endorsement of him but rather an acknowledgment of how bad Walker and Darnold are…just keep him below 70%. But whoever we play, there’s only a low level of competitive we are going to be able to achieve. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Translated :  ("Trust the process and my decision making" means Wilkes will do what he is told by higher ups in the Panthers Headquarters.

He is part of a lawsuit against that behavior. I get PJ for the short week and pick change with Baker but that explanation reeks after Rhule. 

the reasoning for this is clear. in the last game:

PJ - 0.0

Mayfield - 126

if you start Mayfield it is very likely that he won’t play as well, and his rating will be worse. If you start PJ, it can’t get any worse and will likely get better. Therefore, the highest probability way to show improvement at the QB position is to play PJ.

If you see Mayfield at 100, which is a respectable day, that’s will 26 off of the previous week. Regression! While a similar uptick for PJ will result in a net 52 point improvement at QB over Mayfield. Progress! show me any franchise that doesn’t want to see a 52 point growth at QB week over week.

Boom Bam Son GIF by NETFLIX

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We didn’t tank against the Bengals, we just got whooped. We have one of our easiest schedules in a while and we’re still 2-7.

What is happening to this team is not tanking.  We are just a bad team ran by bad coaches hired by a bad owner. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

What is happening to this team is not tanking.  We are just a bad team ran by bad coaches hired by a bad owner. 

Once people accept that, the explanation for everything else falls into place.

Anybody who expected great things after The Process was terminated during the season from a roster that has some fundamental flaws (despite some talent) was deluding themselves.  They gave us a kick in the pants when they made Brady pout, but overall, the roster and its flaws are roughly the same as they were on October 9.

Let's hope the owner doesn't hire another NFL zero, although there is hope.  In his last search, The Process reeled in his able-bodied assistant with meatballs. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

the reasoning for this is clear. in the last game:

PJ - 0.0

Mayfield - 126

if you start Mayfield it is very likely that he won’t play as well, and his rating will be worse. If you start PJ, it can’t get any worse and will likely get better. Therefore, the highest probability way to show improvement at the QB position is to play PJ.

If you see Mayfield at 100, which is a respectable day, that’s will 26 off of the previous week. Regression! While a similar uptick for PJ will result in a net 52 point improvement at QB over Mayfield. Progress! show me any franchise that doesn’t want to see a 52 point growth at QB week over week.

Boom Bam Son GIF by NETFLIX

Matt Rhule is that you?