• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades from Week 9 loss to Bengals

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

TMJ didn't make any sense. He was obviously more talented than Smith and has the upside of a one. Elf was at least playing decently for the most part. On the real though, neither one made sense. Rhule was an idiot. You can't leave more talented players in the dog house in the NFL because the difference in talent level is sometimes paper thin, and sometimes that's the difference between between winning and losing.

Right, TMJ didn't make sense on a practical level. I just mean in hindsight it's easier to understand why it happened, and it was because Rhule is a moron who's narcissism and nepotism got in the way of developing the guy properly.

One thing I want to keep track of is Higgins with this "illness" and why he's still not getting any minutes. He went from looking really good in preseason straight to the bench. 

Henderson was a projection trade. It’s repeated often that he has elite tools and size. Some receivers made contested catches against him, which sucks, but he’s not lost out there. 

Not everyone is going to be allpro out the gate. Gotta have some patience with young guys as they develop. 

You’re lucky if you find a guy with his raw tools in the 3rd round. The real pain is on the Jags, who used a top 10 pick on him. 

We just need him or Taylor to take a leap next year. I don’t care which one, but the odds are good one of them will. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Henderson was a projection trade. It’s repeated often that he has elite tools and size. Some receivers made contested catches against him, which sucks, but he’s not lost out there. 

Not everyone is going to be allpro out the gate. Gotta have some patience with young guys as they develop. 

You’re lucky if you find a guy with his raw tools in the 3rd round. The real pain is on the Jags, who used a top 10 pick on him. 

We just need him or Taylor to take a leap next year. I don’t care which one, but the odds are good one of them will. 

He gave up 65 yards in the game and they often had him playing off the WR he was covering. It looked like our scheme was to prevent the deep ball until the red zone. 

Unfortunately, we forgot to try and stop folks from running the ball at will. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

Well, he sucked. He's inconsistent (which is ultimately not what you want). But, did you forget his grade last week?

Last week we lost last I checked. But not all of this is Henderson's fault. There are things going on that make it difficult to adequately assess players in certain position groups given these circumstances. But one thing we can and should be able to say for sure is this eagerness to trade with the Jets and the Jaguars needs to go for good.

7 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

PFF grades:

CJ - 53

2022 3rd round corners

Martin Emerson - 76

Cordale flott - 59

Marcus jones - 71

You were saying?

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

PFF grades:

CJ - 53

2022 3rd round corners

Martin Emerson - 76

Cordale flott - 59

Marcus jones - 71

You were saying?

Is this a joke?  Are these YTD? 

Flott hasn't played since week 3.  In 2 games played he's had 60 snaps, been targeted 6 times w/ 5 completions.  Yards per completion: 13.0.  5 tackles on the year.

Jones isn't much different.  Played in 4 games, 75 snaps, targeted 8 times w/ 2 completions.  Yards per completion 22.5.  4 tackles total.

Meanwhile Henderson has logged 347 snaps, been targeted 39 times w/29 completions at 11.1 per.  He has 33 tackles and 1 Int.  Not bad for a 3rd rounder.

We watch Henderson play and we get frustrated because he's a top ten pick.  But it is a mistake to judge Henderson as a 1st rounder.  He was clearly over-drafted.  But as a third rounder, he's pretty decent and should improve.  I have no problem with trading for him.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Is this a joke?  Are these YTD? 

Flott hasn't played since week 3.  In 2 games played he's had 60 snaps, been targeted 6 times w/ 5 completions.  Yards per completion: 13.0.  5 tackles on the year.

Jones isn't much different.  Played in 4 games, 75 snaps, targeted 8 times w/ 2 completions.  Yards per completion 22.5.  4 tackles total.

Meanwhile Henderson has logged 347 snaps, been targeted 39 times w/29 completions at 11.1 per.  He has 33 tackles and 1 Int.  Not bad for a 3rd rounder.

We watch Henderson play and we get frustrated because he's a top ten pick.  But it is a mistake to judge Henderson as a 1st rounder.  He was clearly over-drafted.  But as a third rounder, he's pretty decent and should improve.  I have no problem with trading for him.

Wasn't he top 1-2 in his class? 

Pretty sure 95% of outlets had him going in the first round. 

He has top 10 traits ...but his ability hasn't matched up to his performance. His instinct were pretty damn good at Florida...not so much here. 

Literally reminds me of Norman in year 1-2 before his mvp preseason...minus the confidence.