• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Because he has had worse production than Charles Johnson.

uh what?

Johnson after 4 seasons in the league: 20.5 sacks

Burns after 4 seasons in the league (with 4 games still to go): 36

Even if you talk about only counting years once they both started playing every game (since CJ barely played his rookie year), Burns is still up (36 vs 30.5)... But keep in mind this itself is an indication of productvity and development... CJ at 24 was 15.5 sacks behind Burns at 24.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

Other stats of CJ vs Burns - and this is NOT to knock Charles Johnson, who was great for us...

Charles Johnson by the end of his 4th year: 89 solo tackles, 23 TFLs, 36 QB hits, 21.5 (I miscounted and can't edit anymore) sacks.

Brian Burns, still in his 4th year: 113 solo tackles, 39 TFL, 73 QB hits, 36 sacks

Like ok, Burns' potential trade aside, hard to argue that kind of production and esp. clear growth isn't worth his draft position.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brian Burns sucks and Sam Darnold is a franchise QB. These are the opinions held by this guy. Just FYI.

LMAO. 

I didn't say Sam was a franchise QB. I said if you could fix his brain he'd be a franchise QB.

I didn't say Burns sucks. I said he is solidish. He's an above average pass rusher with a lot of holes. Some of those holes may be scheme but I'm not in the room so I can't answer that for sure.

He's below average against the run. Has tons of technique issues which again might be scheme because Snow.

Burns isn't elite he doesn't deserve elite money. 

Sam isn't elite and doesn't deserve elite money. I would resign Sam next year for league minimum. And still draft someone at some point. If not this year next year.

But again Sam's ceiling if someone could fix his Brain is higher than Stroud and Young. We've seen elite throws from him this year sporadically. Just like we've seen elite pass rush from Burns sporadically. 

20 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

uh what?

Johnson after 4 seasons in the league: 20.5 sacks

Burns after 4 seasons in the league (with 4 games still to go): 36

Even if you talk about only counting years once they both started playing every game (since CJ barely played his rookie year), Burns is still up (36 vs 30.5)... But keep in mind this itself is an indication of productvity and development... CJ at 24 was 15.5 sacks behind Burns at 24.

CJ was also way better vs run which goes into my production equation. Also their sacks per game are virtually identical even when you count all the games at the end of CJs career when he could barely move.

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Other stats of CJ vs Burns - and this is NOT to knock Charles Johnson, who was great for us...

Charles Johnson by the end of his 4th year: 89 solo tackles, 23 TFLs, 36 QB hits, 21.5 (I miscounted and can't edit anymore) sacks.

Brian Burns, still in his 4th year: 113 solo tackles, 39 TFL, 73 QB hits, 36 sacks

Like ok, Burns' potential trade aside, hard to argue that kind of production and esp. clear growth isn't worth his draft position.

Does Burns have more games played?

That's why .9 sacks per game is the benchmark for rushers. Burns is like .79 

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Does Burns have more games played?

That's why .9 sacks per game is the benchmark for rushers. Burns is like .79 

Depends if you start in CJs first season where he wasn't good enough to see the field yet (unlike Burns), where yes Burns has more. Starting in the second tho, no, but Burns earned his starting job earlier... Because he was better.

As to stopping the run, CJ definitely was good there... By his mid career. Let's see what Burns becomes.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Depends if you start in CJs first season where he wasn't good enough to see the field yet (unlike Burns), where yes Burns has more. Starting in the second tho, no, but Burns earned his starting job earlier... Because he was better.

As to stopping the run, CJ definitely was good there... By his mid career. Let's see what Burns becomes.

17 game seasons for Burns remember