• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The draft board are now pretty much locked.

Snake

58 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

None of this bothers me. What takes place between now and draft hinges on what Tepper does after the season is over.  To think otherwise is wasted energy.

Just sit back and watch these young college qb's make their case to be a first round pick.

If I was forced to pick today I would take that Georgia DE.

I think a DE early and a trade up using the 2nds on a QB to trade up is looking more likely on our current path. Who knows how it shakes down but that isn't bad at all. If a QB steps up and raises their stock then all the better. You are desd on the coaching decisions looms over everything and I can't say I'm excited to see what Tepper does after getting completely fleeced by Rhule.

• Beer 1

So, agreed on the worst stretch in team history. The people who derided claiming the three straight divisions because one was 7-8-1, miss those days don’t let them snow you. They would take them back right now. 
We, before this streak, had a single 3 year run of losing records. Fox’s last year and Cam/Rivera’s first two. 
Except for Fox’s last season they were still exciting to watch. Kind of like what we have seen lately but with more hope due to being on the ascent and watching Cam tease us with his abilities, we were looking ahead. Now, it is just being so thirsty for decent football that a taste gets people going. 

I disagree that people are rationalizing that the top QBs in the draft suck just to justify tanking though. It is possible that no one can see the short one as Brees and just aren’t impressed by what’s left, value wise.
I don’t disagree with them, philosophically. I believe I’d tank like hell though if that next Manning kid looks good in school. 

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

Nothing I said was untrue and I didn't apply one bit of attitude or negativity. It's just not worth staring at or worrying about right now. I offered an honest opinion and your emotional response with so little provocation hints that it's effecting you in a negative way, I know it would with me if I took that approach. It's not an untouchable subject obviously but taking a quick look and moving on is really the only sane move IMO until we are a lot closer to it being set for the offseason. 

It stinks but if you want to watch good football then you are going to have to watch other teams until the end of the year. I have watched more other teams this year then in the last 3 or 4 years and it is absolutely a coping mechanism to get me through this year with the sad hope that Tepper will hire a HC worth watching next year. 

Emotional response? Bro that isn't emotion that's just common sense. I don't really care about other teams. I care about the Panthers and right now the draft is where we are at. 

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

None of this bothers me. What takes place between now and draft hinges on what Tepper does after the season is over.  To think otherwise is wasted energy.

Just sit back and watch these young college qb's make their case to be a first round pick.

If I was forced to pick today I would take that Georgia DE.

Georgia DE?  You do mean Alabama right?

i've just got this feeling that we're no more or less guaranteed to get a good starter no matter where we draft out of the first round. no better odds anywhere in the first considering what has happened in the past. 

still think that as much as i would like to have either young or stroud, they are just as likely to bust or succeed as anyone else. 

would like for us to get one of the top DL prospects with our first pick and then come back in and take a shot on one of the other QB prospects in the first. 

what that means for this season is we just try to ball out and win as much as possible just to make it interesting and to give the guys something kind of positive to build on and to make this team more attractive to a potential head coach. 

if we just totally blow it or lay down the rest of the season, that's just not going to be a good enticement for a prospective head coach. if they see a team that has some talent and fight in it, they might feel good about what they've got to build on.

i just don' think there's much need or incentive to tank. i mean if we lose out, we lose out. but don't do it intentionally. 

• Beer 2