• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Respect to Rivera

WarPanthers89

6 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Ron pissed some people off, for good reason. If they want to call him out for being a company cuck or dullard then let them. 

He parlayed playing for the Ditka Bears into a DC job eventually, that he was very good at. 
He parlayed that into two HC jobs, hired by dysfunctional franchises, mostly because he is a hell of a babysitter for spoiled immature man children. And that he looks like a badass, rather than a cuck. 
Good for him. 

Very sorry about his mother, of course.

Ron and Fox most certainly can be criticized. They had pretty notable flaws.  I don’t take issue with that.  I personally don’t like that brand of coach.  Why I want nothing to do with Wilks.  

but they still were both good NFL coaches.  Much easier to do worse than better than that caliber coach.   NFL makes that clear. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Ron and Fox most certainly can be criticized. They had pretty notable flaws.  I don’t take issue with that.  I personally don’t like that brand of coach.  Why I want nothing to do with Wilks.  

but they still were both good NFL coaches.  Must easier to do worse than better than that caliber coach.  

That last sentence is very true and why I cautioned, caution when replacing him. 
He does bring a little higher floor than most, you know you are gonna get base level competency. His ceiling is what it is. 

He let his players talk like the SB was already won all week prior to being whipped by the team they were talking about, the one time he went as a head coach. Anyone remember that? 

Maybe if he ever goes again, he won’t let them get overconfident. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

That last sentence is very true and why I cautioned, caution when replacing him. 
He does bring a little higher floor than most, you know you are gonna get base level competency. His ceiling is what it is. 

He let his players talk like the SB was already won all week prior to being whipped by the team they were talking about, the one time he went as a head coach. Anyone remember that? 

Maybe if he ever goes again, he won’t let them get overconfident. 

I don’t know.  That swag is kinda what got them to be 17-1 entering that game.  Think letting them be what they were that year was the right call. 

best team doesn’t always win.  That Panther team lines up against Denver 10 times and the Panthers win the majority even with the refs finger on the scale IMO. 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn’t lmao

I was on the Cam Newton bandwagon with @panthers55 very early on.  Cam Newton wasn’t actually a super popular pick early on around here.   He was deemed too risky by the masses early on.   It took awhile for Cam Newton pick to catch on around here.  

I applied the same logic as to why we should of drafted Fields.   One positive of not drafting Fields is your boy Rhule likely  would still be employed here if we did 

Luke also wasn’t a super popular pick early on around these parts either.  

Your obsession with Rhule will probably never end.

Wonder how many years in the future you still will be bitching about him.  We should rename the huddle.

Tepper decided to keep Rhule, so I found no point in posting post after post after post after post bitching about him.    I guess he broke your heart.   I didn't absolutely hate Rhule with every fiber of my being down to my atoms, so you say Rhules my "boy". 

Rhule was a sucky ass coach.  There, just ANOTHER post where I said Rhule sucked.

But it won't count because I'm 123,487,123,948,712,304,981,234 posts behind you.

Sheesh.

Haters gonna hate.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

We'd be hating on Ron constantly if it wasn't for Cam.  Ron was gifted the #1 overall pick with a very obvious choice in that draft.  His  players are a who's who of the greatest Panthers of all time, and he couldn't get it done

The Broncos said that we made absolutely no adjustments in the SB.  We did exactly what they had on tape.  The loss was on Ron as much as anybody.

He constantly blamed the players with their "missed opportunities."  He punted in field goal range.   He overplayed old vets to a fault.

Ron COMPLETELY ignored the OL.

He used Cam as a battering ram, depleted our roster and then left us a  shlt show for the next coach to figure out.

I wouldn't say he completely ignored the oline. He just thought bubble gum and duct tape was enough to hold it together. 

All while spending high draft capital on the d-line. 

• Flames 1

As a human being, I feel for him losing his mother to cancer. Lost my father and mother to different forms of cancer. 

As a Panthers fan... nah he wasn't it. Don't forget "vets over talent" had Luke Kuechly at outside linebacker until Beason was injured. There were many others, but that was obviously the most egregious example of playing guys out of position, or not even playing them because- favorites. 

20 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I wouldn't say he completely ignored the oline. He just thought bubble gum and duct tape was enough to hold it together. 

All while spending high draft capital on the d-line. 

Fair enough.  I'll give you bubble gum, but I think duct tape is a stretch.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

but they still were both good NFL coaches.  Much easier to do worse than better than that caliber coach.   NFL makes that clear. 

Pre-Riverboat Ron was pretty frustrating. Wilks has a similar level of conservative tendencies and probably not the answer for the team to take the next step, but this is so much better than watching a Rhule team/listening to Rhule pressers on a weekly basis

16 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I still say Ron, needed a good GM here.  Would have made a lot of difference.  I have a lot of respect for the man and was happy for the win last night.

Ron is a good coach but he's too damn loyal to veterans and people he's known for several years. 

15 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well he decided to bring in Marty Hurney to Washington so I'm not sure Ron realized that he needed a better GM.

I agree, Hurney will keep Ron from succeeding.

Say what you will about Ron but he has a great defense.  Plus, if I were him, I keep Heinke at QB.  Heinke has that fire we used to see in Jake.