• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former NFL executive picks his top QB...

Mr. Scot

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...and it's not who you'd expect.

From the article...

I did an impromptu poll with four NFL scouts I trust, and three of them told me he was the best quarterback in the draft. One NFC scout told me, “This [season] is an audition for him to go to a poor NFL team. He proved he can take a beating and keep getting up.” Added another NFC scout: “It is a miracle that he keeps playing every week after all of the hits he takes. He is more banged up than people think — much more.”

Levis has all of the tools NFL teams look for. He has the arm, size, toughness, intelligence and enough athletic ability. He runs an NFL offense at Kentucky and can manage a huddle, which many people discount. When studying Levis, there are some ugly games; that has been the history of Kentucky football. As an evaluator, you have to look at what surrounds the quarterback and who they are playing week in and week out.

Almost every time Levis steps on the field his teammates are inferior to the ones on the other team, which is a big deal. If you are the quarterback at Alabama you are protected by future NFL offensive linemen, you are throwing to future first-round draft picks and you are handing off to NFL-type running backs.

I have been in NFL draft rooms where the discussion around a quarterback from a top-5 school is seen as a negative because they never get hit and never feel stress. An NFL game is all stress and conflict. Levis will be more prepared for the NFL than if he played for Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson.

Told y'all.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...and it's not who you'd expect.

From the article...

I did an impromptu poll with four NFL scouts I trust, and three of them told me he was the best quarterback in the draft. One NFC scout told me, “This [season] is an audition for him to go to a poor NFL team. He proved he can take a beating and keep getting up.” Added another NFC scout: “It is a miracle that he keeps playing every week after all of the hits he takes. He is more banged up than people think — much more.”

Levis has all of the tools NFL teams look for. He has the arm, size, toughness, intelligence and enough athletic ability. He runs an NFL offense at Kentucky and can manage a huddle, which many people discount. When studying Levis, there are some ugly games; that has been the history of Kentucky football. As an evaluator, you have to look at what surrounds the quarterback and who they are playing week in and week out.

Almost every time Levis steps on the field his teammates are inferior to the ones on the other team, which is a big deal. If you are the quarterback at Alabama you are protected by future NFL offensive linemen, you are throwing to future first-round draft picks and you are handing off to NFL-type running backs.

I have been in NFL draft rooms where the discussion around a quarterback from a top-5 school is seen as a negative because they never get hit and never feel stress. An NFL game is all stress and conflict. Levis will be more prepared for the NFL than if he played for Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson.

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

How I am able to be right year after year and still going strong
?? Along with predicting the future??

1642557755350.gif.26588e30770b55bf7d9ae7db27d16ce4.gif

I as well as Payton Manning were saying so before this Op. It's an indictment on this draft class more than anything. You don't have to tank for the best QB in this class. 

Frontrunner team QBs are naturally suspect and shouldn't be reached for.

36 minutes ago, Varking said:

Richardson outplayed him against Tennessee and Georgia. 

I'm asking you. Who has the better roster?

The point the Op makes about having done more with less and having already dealt with adversity similar to a QB on a struggling NFL squad (because that's what it will be) is very valid.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

I as well as Payton Manning were saying so before this Op. It's an indictment on this draft class more than anything. You don't have to tank for the best QB in this class. 

Frontrunner team QBs are naturally suspect and shouldn't be reached for.

I feel its reinforces my draft pla- true BPA with the 1st and focus on on QB with the 2nd pick you use, but dont force it.....feels to me(*very early*) there will be around 4 QB still available in 20-40 range... without no HC in-place, near impossible to figure this puzzle out. 

• Beer 1