• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ? Anyone seen DJ?

Khyber53

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've seen ostensibly lesser WRs play better with Mayfield under center.

You can't make this statement without first acknowledging he isn't the same QB. He was solid to inconsistent even a year or two ago now he is just awful and is going to wash out of the league.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

You can't make this statement without first acknowledging he isn't the same QB. He was solid to inconsistent even a year or two ago now he is just awful and is going to wash out of the league.

Meh. I tried to tell some of you that Baker had a lot of limitations, but was ignored. He was never what some Huddlers swore that he was, and D.J. isn't either. Let Baker go bye-bye and draft another legit, route running play maker at receiver, and we'll be better off.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Meh. I tried to tell some of you that Baker had a lot of limitations, but was ignored. He was never what some Huddlers swore that he was, and D.J. isn't either. Let Baker go bye-bye and draft another legit, route running play maker at receiver, and we'll be better off.

Hardly anyone wanted Baker just like hardly anyone wanted Sam. But the powers that be made their decisions. DJ is one of the punching bags now because this team valued a corner who was a local kid with a feel good story over a possible franchise quarterback. Trade whoever you want draft whoever you want but until we finally take a real swing at our own young quarterback in round 1 none of this arguing over which Panther is or isn't overrated matters.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Hardly anyone wanted Baker just like hardly anyone wanted Sam. But the powers that be made their decisions. DJ is one of the punching bags now because this team valued a corner who was a local kid with a feel good story over a possible franchise quarterback. Trade whoever you want draft whoever you want but until we finally take a real swing at our own young quarterback in round 1 none of this arguing over which Panther is or isn't overrated matters.

I've seen D.J. for years now. I've thought that he was a WR2 since his rookie year, and I still see him as one. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've seen D.J. for years now. I've thought that he was a WR2 since his rookie year, and I still see him as one. 

You could just say you've never thought he was going to be good I mean clearly that's the case. You've given Robbie Anderson more leeway than DJ Moore so yeah. But hey we've all got opinions that's okay.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

You could just say you've never thought he was going to be good I mean clearly that's the case. You've given Robbie Anderson more leeway than DJ Moore so yeah. But hey we've all got opinions that's okay.

You must think he hasn't been "good." I've said to the contrary. 

Robbie is gone and was never meant to be our WR1. 

D.J. is paid like our 1, but hasn't played like our 1. At some point, the excuses have to stop. Realize the guy's ceiling and move on. He's a good receiver, just not a great one (as I said before). He needs to play among other skilled play makers to maximize his efficiency. Why me saying this bothers you so much, I don't know. TMJ has basically outplayed Moore for the last month. That should tell you a little something. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yet, we turned down GB’s 1st round pick for him. Trash organization makes trash decisions.