• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I’m know you are a Florida guy, how is Richardson doing? I’m reading in places that is is making a lot of progress. I trust your take on him.

He is getting better each week but the team as a whole isn’t a good supporting cast. I think off of talent alone he could go in the back of the first but likely belongs in the second round. If he has a good game against FSU and then the bowl game he might enter the draft. However, I’m hoping, and his teammates are campaigning, for him to do one more year in school. The supporting cast will be a lot better which should help his development and his numbers. 

If he comes back for a year there’s a good chance he goes from maybe a first rounder all the way to top of the first round. The tools are there. The stuff you can’t teach is there. And he works hard and he is a good kid. But he should stay for one more year and then hand the keys to Rashada or Lagway ( if we get him ) the year after that. 

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive watched him a lot this year and he is getting better.  Still has a long way to go but you can see the potential.   I would say roughly 2 throws out of 10 make your jaw drop.  His talent is ridiculous I am just not sure how long it would take to get him up to speed. 

This is a big part of it. I wouldn’t start him year 1 in the NFL unless we had an offensive coordinator like they have for the Ravens or Bears. Where you let his legs help you out while he learns on the job the throwing part of it. Cut down the reads in half and let him make a play. 

If you are just drafting him to be a traditional drop back passer who only runs when it’s a last resort you are going to need to give him time to develop that part of it. Especially coming from Floridas offensive line. 

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm still rocking with Stroud but I do think Levis can be a solid starter with the right coaching.

The thing is all these kids have some talent. It’s a matter of our coaching staff believing they can take that talent and turn it into consistent NFL play. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Varking said:

This is a big part of it. I wouldn’t start him year 1 in the NFL unless we had an offensive coordinator like they have for the Ravens or Bears. Where you let his legs help you out while he learns on the job the throwing part of it. Cut down the reads in half and let him make a play. 

If you are just drafting him to be a traditional drop back passer who only runs when it’s a last resort you are going to need to give him time to develop that part of it. Especially coming from Floridas offensive line. 

I appreciate it. If we get Steichen, it might be a really good situation for him. I really like what he’s done with Hurts.

• Pie 1

On 11/23/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Yep it’s a lot harder going to the poo teams. Nearly all them showed some real flashes but injuries or bad coaching ruined their development.

The more you look at it young QBs have a short window to get the right situation around them or you fug em. Because you can’t teach an old dog new tricks 

Edited by Aussie Tank