• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Catcrave 4 QBs if panthers drop out of top 10

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

Wilks is 3-4. If we win the division, he will most certainly have a winning record. Then we curb stomp the Cowboys, but lose a close one at Philly? Can we then think about Wilks?

Give THIS team a quality QB, and we may be quite competitive.

Who was the last interim coach that was made full time that was successful?   Now do the rest in the past 20 years.   

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I haven’t looked into Penix or Ward but Richardson and McKee have streaks of wild inaccuracy. They make Darnold look like Drew Brees. Pass on them, unless we could get Richardson in like the 4th or something he’d be worth a gamble to try to develop. I need to look into the other two guys. 

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

What would be your proposal to ensure we secure a top 10 pick?  Bench Burns, Horn, DJ, etc.?  Kneel the ball on 4 straight downs every possession?  Cause saying we'd be "idiots" for dropping out of the top 10 would suggest there's some course of action in our power that we should be taking to secure that top 10 pick.  I'm just curious what that would be at this point in the season, in your eyes.

We are talking hypothetical situations. These is no reason to speculate. My awnser is what it is in a hypothetical situation. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who was the last interim coach that was made full time that was successful?   Now do the rest in the past 20 years.   

Stop with all this good reasoning. You're an "idiot" and know less than the hopium addicts. 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We're going to curb stomp Dallas with ... Sam or PJ as QB???

Anyway, who do you think a "quality" QB is that could lead this team onward next season?

Hey, I don't have all the answers. You guys gotta pull your weight as well. lol

If all that happens. Sam will have been the QB. Why shouldn't he continue in that role next year? Provided we can afford to keep him. IF he plays that well, he might want a decent contract.

Continue to develop Corral. Maybe draft another one as well. It all sounds good on the surface. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Y'all do realize that we can move in the draft to get a QB?

Both KC and Buffalo traded up for their franchise guys.  We can do that too.  It's not the end of the world so long as you make the right decision.

Ask former players how cool they are with the idea of tanking?  How many of them, who have families to feed, are going to say "yeah, let me make it harder to earn money by playing badly or just not playing" so a 21 year old kid can come in and save they day all by themselves?

This team is not that terrible.  Sure, they have lots of areas to fix, including the QB this off season, but putting your entire franchise future on a top 10 pick is a bit much, even for the huddle.

Some of y'all just need to chill out.  

Sssshhhhh

then the whine will be that we traded away the future and if CJ or Bryce doesn’t work out, they will blame the action instead of the mythical tanking 

if the coach and Gm believe they need to take that action, take it 

if the guy is there that they believe in, go get him. Period 

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'd be fine with a kid like Richardson if we picked up Steichen and signed Minshew to bridge the gap until Richardson is ready. 

Minshew could game manage this current squad to the playoffs with competent coaching. 

What if, now hear me out. What if Corral comes in, after a year of learning, and impresses? Minshew, then Corral, and Richardson to the Practice Squad? Or do we keep 3 QBs? God I love this game.

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

What if, now hear me out. What if Corral comes in, after a year of learning, and impresses? Minshew, then Corral, and Richardson to the Practice Squad? Or do we keep 3 QBs? God I love this game.

You don’t put your 1st round pick on the practice squad unless you are prepared to lose him. I think we would roll with 3 QBs (like the Eagles are) if this happens.

• The D 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'd be fine with a kid like Richardson if we picked up Steichen and signed Minshew to bridge the gap until Richardson is ready. 

Minshew could game manage this current squad to the playoffs with competent coaching. 

This is my dream scenario. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You don’t put your 1st round pick on the practice squad unless you are prepared to lose him. I think we would roll with 3 QBs (like the Eagles are) if this happens.

You do realize I was responding to another post when I wrote that. I was questioning his post, not making a statement. 

No one in their right mind would put a 1st round QB on the practice squad. C'mon man.