• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship Week

Catsfan69

6 hours ago, Shocker said:

Maye needs time to develop…not there yet 

He has been very bad in the red zone the last 3 games.

I have never seen a dark horse Heisman campaign tank as hard as Drake Maye. In three weeks he went from a very real shot to not even a prayer.

UNC needs to put a team around him or he will eventually leave.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I have never seen a dark horse Heisman campaign tank as hard as Drake Maye. In three weeks he went from a very real shot to not even a prayer.

He should have thrown 4 INTs against Miami - everyone needs to slow their roll with the Maye hype.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Downs is a legit weapon from what I’ve seen, but he will be gone next year. Some have him as a late first in this upcoming draft. Outside of that yeah I don’t think he has much…

48 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He should have thrown 4 INTs against Miami - everyone needs to slow their roll with the Maye hype.

Oh I completely agree. The UNC homers were doing this same poo with Howell.

Maye is a super talented kid but he might regress or just not improve in three years.

Let that all play out.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Should have had a 4th turnover last night.   They dropped an easy one when he threw into double coverage. 

Pretty rough finish though given the talk.  3 straight losses.  50 something completion % in those with 5 turnovers (at least one each game).  

But too much gets asked of that O.  No QB can be consistent in college when asked to bring so much each week.  Also, you can’t have Maye be the teams leading rusher on top of that ask of him.   I’d like to see him play elsewhere before going pro. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Should have had a 4th turnover last night.   They dropped an easy one when he threw into double coverage. 

Pretty rough finish though given the talk.  3 straight losses.  50 something completion % in those with 5 turnovers (at least one each game).  

But too much gets asked of that O.  No QB can be consistent in college when asked to bring so much each week. 

Looks to me he is losing close to his entire oline next season, I dont see it getting any better and teams now know when pressured he gets panicky.   Couple the fact his best wr is gone he would be a dummy to not take mulit millions to go to bama or OSU.  Family or not, money is money.   And he can look no further then Howell what happens to your draft stock when you lose your line and weapons.

Edited by mrcompletely11

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Looks to me he is losing close to his entire oline next season, I dont see it getting any better and teams now know when pressured he gets panicky.   Couple the fact his best wr is gone he would be a dummy to not take mulit millions to go to bama or OSU.  Family or not, money is money.   And he can look no further then Howell what happens to your draft stock when you lose your line and weapons.

I hate to admit it but you're not wrong. Jumping to Wisconsin did wonders for Russell Wilson. His completion percentage jumped nearly 15% and INTs dropped dramatically. He still slipped to the 3rd but that was just because back then being a sub-6' QB was a killer for draft stock. Had he stayed at state completing under 60% of his passes while throwing double digit INTs he may have gone undrafted.

Carolina is going to run into a lot of issues here. The Tar Heels have recruiters, not coaches, and with NIL taking over college football, the recruits that Carolina was getting will no longer be options. Now we’ll be looking at Mack Brown and co. trying to coach up three star recruits instead of four and five stars. There’s going to be a mass exodus from Carolina (player wise) and I don’t see it ending well for Mack Brown.

Side note: Longo is the worst OC in the red zone that I’ve ever seen. Carolina had the ball inside Clemson’s 30 yard line five times and came away with three points and a pick six.

If Carolina scores three TD’s (taking away the pick six) and a FG then it’s a 31-31 game with one additional possession to win the game with. Fugging embarrassing.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Carolina is going to run into a lot of issues here. The Tar Heels have recruiters, not coaches, and with NIL taking over college football, the recruits that Carolina was getting will no longer be options. Now we’ll be looking at Mack Brown and co. trying to coach up three star recruits instead of four and five stars. There’s going to be a mass exodus from Carolina (player wise) and I don’t see it ending well for Mack Brown.

Side note: Longo is the worst OC in the red zone that I’ve ever seen. Carolina had the ball inside Clemson’s 30 yard line five times and came away with three points and a pick six.

If Carolina scores three TD’s (taking away the pick six) and a FG then it’s a 31-31 game with one additional possession to win the game with. Fugging embarrassing.

We were told this by the Ole Miss fans. They weren't wrong. Ole Miss always put up tons of yards but trailed significantly behind in points. Honestly, he's had two really good QBs to work with at UNC and that's made him look a lot better than he is at times.

I don't understand a lot of the ire at Mack Brown by some fans though. I mean, what did they expect? Mack Brown is a recruiter and program builder. He's never been a great Xs and Os or game day coach and he never will be. He was brought in to get us out of the dumpster that Fedora threw us into. Mission accomplished. We're in way better shape now than we were then. I said when Mack was hired it was the right move but a strong succession plan was a must. Unfortunately, I think Longo was the succession plan. And there in lies the issue. The guy has a great offensive design for the college game but the situational play calling is pure trash. It has always been pure trash.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

In other news, how are Coastal fans doing this morning? You got your poo kicked in last night then lost your coach to your old Big South rival. Guy didn’t even leave for a P5 job… he left for Liberty, a G5 team, out of CUSA… LMAO

Yeah, losing your head coach to fuging Liberty is a big wake up call for you as a program.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand a lot of the ire at Mack Brown by some fans though. I mean, what did they expect? Mack Brown is a recruiter and program builder. He's never been a great Xs and Os or game day coach and he never will be. He was brought in to get us out of the dumpster that Fedora threw us into. Mission accomplished. We're in way better shape now than we were then. 

And I should add that he did this by being who he is - a recruiter. He flipped Howell from Florida State and Maye from Alabama and that's been the big difference. The D is still trash. The OL is still porous. The overall offensive skill positions have been a big step up from the Fedora era but if you put Average Joe P5 starting QB on these teams, what's the end result? Maybe a game or two better than the Fedora era? We've flipped two big time QB recruits because that's what Mack Brown can do and that's been the difference.