• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Future “Coach” Kuechly?

ncfan

I overall quite love that Morgan, Luke, Jake, Gross, & Greg are becoming such an integral part of the franchise from an organizational standpoint.  It really is awesome.  

This is how the team's legacy grows and gains credibility.  

It was so weird how shut out Rhule made all of it feel.  It feels like a family that's come back and a clown demon's shadow has been lifted.  Rhule was the Violater, Wilks is Spawn.  

• Pie 1

Maybe its just something about these A-holes named Matt. Matt Doherty came in to Chapel Hill in the early 2,000s and alienated everyone, fired the team mom, cut out summer games, alienated former players, and wasn't accessible. Rhule came here and tried the same thing. As it did in Chapel Hill, it backfired here too! All of these former players showing up, showing interest, and becoming involved again is a nod to the culture that has been built over the last twenty years. Gross, Delhomme, S. Smith, Luke, G-Reg, T. Davis, Cam, Rucker, and Pep are franchise cornerstones and should always be/feel welcome! I'm glad Tepper is finally seeing this and all the egg on his face was his doing for acting like our culture didn't exist. The vibe that Wilks has brewing now and all the support shows how wrong our owner was. 

Just hire him as HC and call it a day.

Kuechly is the only defensive HC I would want. If he wanted to do it then I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he would make it work. That guy understood everything that happened in a game. X&Os and leader of men. He has it all. 

If he is going to start under someone then he should go work a couple of years under a coach with a great tree to network. 

On 12/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, Jackie Lee said:

If Luke is willing to sign on because of Wilks, you gotta have both. We can find an OC that wants to work with them. No one wanted to work with Rhule, we gotta get that out of our mentality because the actual roster is solid 

Yeah if Luke comes with that puts Wilks over the top for me. Him as OC is a fantastic idea. Throwing him straight into it is a little concerning but the way things are moving we're going to get another unproven Joe Brady type anyway. I REALLY don't want another dinosaur like Shula and McAdoo.

And a huge bonus is Luke might actually stick it out here instead of jumping to the first HC offer he gets.