• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo...

Ivan The Awesome

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

Trap games happen to teams with winning records. I know we're feeling good... but that's not exactly us right now. 

trap games are for teams that no one expects to lose. 

no one would be shocked if we managed to screw this one up. it would be an under .500 team acting like an under .500 team.

I think this is going to be a helluva game. Both teams are fighting for their coach and a lot of pride. In our case, we're also fighting for a very distinct possibility of a miracle on the season. 

The two teams are remarkably similar in their weaknesses and strengths. They both want to be better teams than they are. And they'll field a roughly 50/50 assortment in the crowd on Sunday.

This could be a classic.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

If we lose Wilks is good as gone. No top 5 pick and no winning record. I highly doubt we are overlooking the Steelers who we have only beat once. 

tepper isn't going to be happy with a loss against his former team.

the truth is we haven't won a game against them since '96. we're 1-6 against them all time. i think we're due one.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

tepper isn't going to be happy with a loss against his former team.

the truth is we haven't won a game against them since '96. we're 1-6 against them all time. i think we're due one.

If it were any year it's this one and it would go along way with Tepper like you said. It's more of a circle your calendar game than a overlooked one. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think this is going to be a helluva game. Both teams are fighting for their coach and a lot of pride. In our case, we're also fighting for a very distinct possibility of a miracle on the season. 

The two teams are remarkably similar in their weaknesses and strengths. They both want to be better teams than they are. And they'll field a roughly 50/50 assortment in the crowd on Sunday.

This could be a classic.

It's a good glimpse of how well Wilks is. Tomlin is a SB winning coach just like Carroll. If he can KO both that's a good thing. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

If it were any year it's this one and it would go along way with Tepper like you said. It's more of a circle your calendar game than a overlooked one. 

agreed. if wilks can pull this off and we blow them out, it would goa  long way in tepper's assessment of wilks. if we get embarrassed, wilks will for sure be looking for another job when the season is over.

it's not THE deciding factor in whether Wilkes gets the full time job, but it's definitely one that will carry more weight than others. 

• Pie 3

Last week felt like a trap game for Seattle. You could tell by the Vegas line that the "far superior" team wasn't getting as much love, even at home. 

This week it's pretty even, so I don't consider it a trap game. Panthers definitely have more momentum at this point in the season which would make you think they are the better team, but like others mentioned it's just a matchup of mediocre teams.