• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now picking 7th…

*FreeFua*

5 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

I wouldn't be so sure. there are teams above us that have quarterbacks and we have some ammunition to make a jump if we need it. my hope is that Denver will be motivated to push that Seahawks pick down the board and will stay competitive through the remainder of the year instead of packing up. If we can get Chicago at #2 overall, we could make a compelling case to jump Seattle, Indy, and Detroit for Stroud if we liked him enough. Chicago needs a lot. Arguably more than we do and we have an offensive line ready for a plug and play starter. They might be best taking the draft capital and going playmaker with our 1st and still getting their choice of the WR/TE crop. Detroit would have better picks to offer, but it would make sense for them to pick twice and who knows what they think of Jared Goff right now with how Dan Campbell has these guys playing. They might give him one more season. It's going to depend a lot on not just our pick, but the least QB needy team that ends up in the Top 3. 

If we trade up for a QB this draft, Fitts needs to be fired ASAP.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The coaches/team will feel they still have a shot at the division, and especially with TB playing Cincy, they are right.  So we'll see how it goes...

Exactly.

Unless Tom Brady turns into Patriots Tom Brady against Cincy, we are looking once again at the Panthers controlling their own destiny once more next week.

Maybe if Tom and the Bucs didn't stink like horsesh-t this year, the coaches/team WOULD be embracing the tank right now. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Nah. Stroud can't play with any sort of rush near him. Young at least dances in the backfield or finds a way to make plays even when rushed. Both should be gone before the Panthers pick though, which means the Panthers are going to have to make a choice between Levis and Richardson if they go QB. Richardson needs work and Levis seems to be a Darnold clone. I'd prefer swinging for the fences and going Richardson between those two.

Yeah.  If Levis is a Darnold clone, we don't want to go through that again.

Take a shot with Richardson and Start Corral. 

Just now, 45catfan said:

If we trade up for a QB this draft, Fitts needs to be fired ASAP.

Fitts should be let go anyway. Tepper needs to bring in a consultant and let them pick a new GM. The new GM then needs to pick the coach and go from there. That ties the coach and GM at the hip and puts them on the same clock.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Funny thing is if we finish at #7 by season's end, Levis is likely the pick.

I could easy live with Levis being the Panthers 1st rd choice. However, with a #7 pick there would be lots of options, it's not like the Panthers don't need help all across the board.

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

I could easy live with Levis being the Panthers 1st rd choice. However, with a #7 pick there would be lots of options, it's not like the Panthers don't need help all across the board.

If they have a top ten pick, I can't imagine them not taking a quarterback.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Fitts should be let go anyway. Tepper needs to bring in a consultant and let them pick a new GM. The new GM then needs to pick the coach and go from there. That ties the coach and GM at the hip and puts them on the same clock.

If it doesn't happen now, it won't happen to after the draft.  Too short of a turn around for an incoming GM unless Morgan is promoted.  All the work that was put in this fall will go up in smoke.  Same thing happened with Hurney.  Ironically enough, it was arguably Marty's best draft.

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Bingo!  So why is it QB or bust with almost everyone?  Levis, to me, has bust written all over him.