• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

7 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Look, I’m not saying we are the best team ever, or we would be anything more than an instant out in the playoffs. We don’t deserve to be in the situation we are in now, but here we are! As a fan imo you should always root for your team every time they take the field…. Because you play to win the game! 

I consider any season we make the playoffs a good season, if we make the playoffs I’d actually be pretty stoked about the results this year, final record for regular season doesn’t matter, all that matters is if you get invited to the dance!(playoffs!)

Sorry I can't get stoked on a Sam Darnold limp dick team. I rather be the lions right now playing exciting football and missing the playoffs than a terrible team winning a loser division. Hollow victories have never been my thing. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Sorry I can't get stoked on a Sam Darnold limp dick team. I rather be the lions right now playing exciting football and missing the playoffs than a terrible team winning a loser division. Hollow victories have never been my thing. 

We could play musical QB chairs I guess if you'd rather.....Darnold does not excite me either so we could put PJ in I guess. He is more exciting but the team as a whole is not going to be world beaters this season anyhow. We may go on a lucky streak and beat some teams again and even win a poo division but in the end we won't beat any good playoff teams I fear. 

I'm still watching and supporting hoping of course next season is better. I don't have any answers as to which head acoadh that is or future QB that is but I sure hope the guys who make the decision get it right this time and will remain supportive with whoever they select. I have a feeling we will be going new coach and new QB this year. I don't think Wilks will be getting the job unless he now wins out completely to make up for sunday's poo the bed performance.

While hoping we lose to get a higher draft pick is only for fans.  There are consequences for some of the players that aren't your superstars.  When teams get to the point that they are eliminated from the playoffs they start to evaluate talent that may not be on the team next year. (Except for Matt Rhule).  Players are going to give it their all to win. 

I think that's the problem with the Tanking Crew.  They are wanting it for personal reason when the reality is players play to win, not lose so 1/2 the fan base will be happy.

Win or lose I look at our draft position but I, like many others, always hope for a win.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There are a lot of weak individuals on this site. 

There is a lot of that outside this site, too.  I guess we are just a cross-section of society, at least in that respect.

I was going to add that maybe our membership is more desperate than the norm, being Panther fans, but I am not sure that is true, either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

There is a lot of that outside this site, too.  I guess we are just a cross-section of society, at least in that respect.

I was going to add that maybe our membership is more desperate than the norm, being Panther fans, but I am not sure that is true, either.

And then we all have times of weakness. Like after watching our team get bullied for 60 minutes. 

The following 24 hours or so show that. 

Fortunately it doesn’t ruin my week like it did when I was younger. That poo sucks and I hope others who let that happen can find their way through it and realize it isn’t that big of a deal. 

• Beer 3

10 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

We could play musical QB chairs I guess if you'd rather.....Darnold does not excite me either so we could put PJ in I guess. He is more exciting but the team as a whole is not going to be world beaters this season anyhow. We may go on a lucky streak and beat some teams again and even win a poo division but in the end we won't beat any good playoff teams I fear. 

I'm still watching and supporting hoping of course next season is better. I don't have any answers as to which head acoadh that is or future QB that is but I sure hope the guys who make the decision get it right this time and will remain supportive with whoever they select. I have a feeling we will be going new coach and new QB this year. I don't think Wilks will be getting the job unless he now wins out completely to make up for sunday's poo the bed performance.

Honestly I don't see us winning out. The Lions are better than the Steelers and will just lay on the points. Tampa ain't losing to the cards. TB and NO are toss ups. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Cullenator said:

People willing to trade losses this season for the chance that we might be great in 2025 havent looked their own mortality in the face.

Give me wins any day

I could care less what happens during the season. My goal is the Super Bowl so if that can’t be reached a higher draft pick is better than pointless moral victories. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

And then we all have times of weakness. Like after watching our team get bullied for 60 minutes. 

The following 24 hours or so show that. 

Fortunately it doesn’t ruin my week like it did when I was younger. That poo sucks and I hope others who let that happen can find their way through it and realize it isn’t that big of a deal. 

It is pretty comical.  Last week we were running the table and heading to the playoffs to host Dallas.....and somebody even had us advancing to the second round.

This week, we will never win a game again.....ever.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It is pretty comical.  Last week we were running the table and heading to the playoffs to host Dallas.....and somebody even had us advancing to the second round.

This week, we will never win a game again.....ever.

I don’t think that we won’t ever win another game but this loss just showed what people keep forgetting. This is a bad football team. 

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t think that we won’t ever win another game but this loss just showed what people keep forgetting. This is a bad football team. 

You keep saying this is a "Bad football team". You do know that there are many, many ppl who ascribe to the notion that this is a pretty good young team, that only needs a quality QB, and an imaginative OC to compete.

Happy Holidays to you and yours. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1