• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much will it cost to re sign The BEAST Bozeman?? I’ll tell you how much…..

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Didn't he get worked on Sunday?  I'm all for re-signing him buy not opposed to a 2nd round rookie either

All of them got worked Sunday.  That's a blocking scheme breakdown. 

Pittsburgh figured out how to use it to their advantage and turn it into a disadvantage for the Panthers.  It took us the rest of the game to figure out a new blocking scheme to counter them. By that time the defense had already sh*t the bed so bad our putrid offense had no chance to recover.  From then on it was damage control. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Pay him 12mil a year and never back. Do not second guess this one. Have you all forgotten how bad this oline was? This is a critical position we are talking about here you dopes.

They don't want to pay Burns what he's worth, they don't want to pay Boze what he's worth. We're dang lucky the Huddle doesn't run things. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Gerry Green said:

They don't want to pay Burns what he's worth, they don't want to pay Boze what he's worth. We're dang lucky the Huddle doesn't run things. 

Well with Burns it's a different story.  That situation is up for debate. But this is a Bozeman thread and do not want  to derail it. Besides I've said my piece on that subject. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Well with Burns it's a different story.  That situation is up for debate. But this is a Bozeman thread and do not want  to derail it. Besides I've said my piece on that subject. 

I was just drawing a comparison. Well, and throwing in a little dig. Sometimes I just feel like being a little bad. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

He's not an elite center by any means, so he should accept a reasonable deal that doesn't break the bank. Although he is a bigger center, which I prefer, he's on the slow side, lacking high end athleticism, and doesn't pack the punch you'd hope for his size. He can be signed for a team friendly price. If he were quicker, more athletic, and a bit stronger we'd have to break the bank and he'd be a pro bowler. He's not that.

Edited by pantherj

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

How good is he at reading defenses and making adjustments?  Kalil was great at this and it can be a young QB's best friend.  Football IQ is definitely an underrated trait for a NFL center.

I have no idea what his football smarts are. But I do know that our Line became instantly better the minute he took over. He is rated a top 10 C, so I would think we will have to pay him rather well. 

$8 mil a year. He is a good but not great player. Being better than Elf is like Wilks being better than Rhule, it's not much of a bar to pass and really shouldn't be a competent comparison of value due to one being an abnormally bad option. We have already overpaid Moton on the line, we really don't have to overpay for another solid Olineman at this time.

• Pie 1