• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Gen Stat Passing Scores

CPcavedweller

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What facts?  He's already out of the boot and progressing to be ready for OTAs.  FACT 

Injury was caused by poor 4th and 5th string O-line play.   

Bad play? Anyone that got treated that way would have played poorly.  You have never acknowledged that Rhule screwed our chances to see what he could do.

You don't know what his talent level is because he's never been evaluate properly.

Trolling?  Hahahahaha this comes from the Tanking king of the forum.  When most know professional football teams and players don't Tank.

Furthermore, you're the one that's putting all these QBs on some type of podium of greatness. 

Nice try, TROLL

Where's the link that he will be ready for otas?

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Talk about delusional.  Some of you are so hellbent on getting a QB in round one just to say we drafted a QB in round one.  You'll take said QB regardless of his question marks.  

We aren't getting Stroud or Young, both have concerns, but they'll be long gone by the time we pick. 

But then again, you're part of the Tank for a QB crowd.  Tanking is a fans term not a team term. 

Most have said that we aren't contending next year so why not get another position of need and see what Corral has? If he going to suck so bad, we'll be in the mix for Maye or Williams, who are far better QBs than any in this draft. 

I guess it's okay to hope Matt Corral magically becomes a much better QB by next years training camp and I'd love to see it myself but it's unlikely. What is likely is we will be drafting another quarterback. If you aren't on board that's okay but it's happening with or without you that's the situation we find ourselves in. You have to keep taking your shots.

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The "healthy" portion IMO is over blown.  His injury in preseason was a freak accident but whatever.  

I've seen some clips where he doesn't always go to the first read.  But you can make an argument that ALL of the QBs coming out in this draft have just as many question marks as Corral does. 

He had injury issues at Ole Miss as well. He needs to put on some weight and not try to play through tackles like he did in college. He played like he was Josh Allen some games. 
Disagree with that last take. Corral was drafted in the 3rd. This draft will have 5 plus QBs get drafted before his pick. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Corral stock dropped because of some off the field issues not talent.  The only reason he didn't get a legitimate shot last year was because of Rhule and his childish competition between a player no longer on the team and Darnold.   Rhule chose his poison once he traded for Mayfield.  He wasn't going to waste his time on Corral or any other rookie.  

Though, well documented Rhule did nothing for Corral, you and others make all these lame excuses why we shouldn't work with Corral and choose a QB in this draft that isn't much better, if better at all. 

I'd be ok with Stroud, Young or Levi otherwise we are wasting our 1st round pick if we draft a QB.  

We've argued this several times.  You're a tanker that thinks the only thing we need on this team is a QB.  You'll sacrifice everything for one, regardless of whether he's worth it or not.

Corral WILL battle for a spot regardless of where we choose a QB. 

You think all 32 teams passed on Corral because of some off field issues? Like no GM/Scouts interviewed him, looked into these rumors etc?? Then Fitt and Rhule were so much smarter than these other 31 teams they waited until the mid 3rd to trade for this steal of a pick?? 

Corral is a nice project QB with upside, but damn some of you guys are making him into some unsung hero. The FACTS are he is a previous coach’s 3rd round pick who was on IR all season and never got many reps when he was healthy. At this point he is a bonus if he does well in TC which is nice to have.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Corral does deserve our support as a Panthers player we drafted but I would rather have two than one at this point. Increase our odds. It is fair to say that Matt faces a steep climb to become more than a backup at this point in time though. You have to acknowledge reality.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol right? Our entire offensive strategy has been “don’t let Sam lose the game for us,” and we have people on here bragging about his rating…. I think Hubbard got him like a quarter of his total yards on a simple quick pass. 

Or it could be we have. Nothing but jags on offense so let's not let them screw us up.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it’s probably the entire offense’s fault and not the fact that Sam has struggled everywhere he has been. Good point……

Every QB that has come here with this same core group minus Cmac has had their worst performance. 

All of our TEs don't belong in the NFL

Hubbard and Foreman are jags.

DJ is a number 2

Shi jag

Shenault jag

Tmj jag.

Where is Steve Smith? Travis Kelce Randy Moss OBJ Jerry Rice any superior reciever?

I'd love to see the all 22 endzone tape to see how bad it is.

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Every QB that has come here with this same core group minus Cmac has had their worst performance. 

All of our TEs don't belong in the NFL

Hubbard and Foreman are jags.

DJ is a number 2

Shi jag

Shenault jag

Tmj jag.

Where is Steve Smith? Travis Kelce Randy Moss OBJ Jerry Rice any superior reciever?

I'd love to see the all 22 endzone tape to see how bad it is.

Teddy was on par with us as he has been on every other team he has played for.  Decent QB rating, decent yards, hell he got Robbie over 1000 and DJ (which he usually gets).  Most yards he has ever had, 2nd most TDs, highest completion %, 2nd highest yards per attempt, and 3rd highest rating at 92.1.  

So you have post post injury Baker and Sam playing bad with this core. Baker looked decent his first game on that last drive with LAR, but he has already come back down to Earth against GB.  

Keep trying to make excuses why Darnold isn't a good starting QB.  It's just comical at this point.  So you are low on Fields who has waaaaaay less weapons and less of on OL, but high on Darnold.  Seems logical....

• Pie 2

Our problem, which I think is an opportunity, is that we have one QB on the 2023 roster right now.  We can successfully purge our past mistakes at the position by simply doing nothing with this group.  Sign a vet to fill the role, draft somebody, and see what Corral has.

It might not lead to any success at the position, but it can't be any worse than our QB room the last couple of years.  Bridgewater looks like Johnny Unitas right about now.

And if it doesn't look good in 2023, draft another one in 2024.

The idea of keeping anybody not named Corral off our current group is just laughing in the face of reality.  Yeah, QBs came here and had career-worst years under The Process, but they generally weren't reminding anybody of budding stars at the position when they walked into the building.  Let's try NOT perpetuating the same mistakes.

• Pie 2

Right now, the game plan has been made to work within Darnold's capabilities balanced with the capabilities of the team. That sounds simplistically stupid, but it is something we have not done since Rhule was brought on board.

If you do that, then a fair to decent QB can get some wins for you, sometimes even enough wins to make a splash. Had Darnold had that from the beginning here, we might have seen him develop into a fair to good QB. He didn't have it until the last couple/three games. He could still improve as the season winds down and that'd be a good thing for him and for us.

Good for him in that someone is going to take a flyer on him as a backup QB, one of the best jobs in the world. Good for us because well, we need some wins if for nothing else than to get our organization used to winning again. It could also be that he'd make a decent back up QB here.

Me, I want to see what Corral has, I feel he and we got cheated out of that this season with the injury. I'd like to see us grab one of the more experienced QBs out there that is aging out of the physical side of the game who can help teach him how to read pro defenses and make the appropriate adjustments.

Of course, it all depends on who our coach will be. We can expect a quick decision there because our off season will require a lot of meshing between management and new coaching staffs. This is going to be dizzying and change could be drastic here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Lol "if only Darnold played with Hall of Fame players...."

Darnold has protected the ball and the offense has limited his opportunities for mistakes. I think he's showing he can be an OK backup.  But, all of us should hope for someone dynamic and someone the offense expands for, rather than contracts for.

Anyway I hope Darnold continues to improve. By all accounts he's a good guy.  I think it's likely these are his last games as a Panther, and I hope he makes the most of it.

• Pie 2

Cool 

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

Go check his first 3 games last season, this is actually worse output lol. 2021 vs 2022. So maybe it's just Sam being limited and completely the same guy. Dump off passes after the scripted plays are over, holds the ball too long and makes a splash play once in a while. If needed he is absolutely not good enough. Next please.

• Pie 1