• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn injury

NAS

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Because coaches and schools do t give a poo about the players. 

You sacrifice for the team. 

You do it in football. 

You do it in the military. 

You do it in lots of physical jobs that risk injury every single day. Firefighters, loggers, movers, construction. 

What exactly is the big risk of him playing in a cast? Wouldn't the worst case scenario be a full break that would be healed up before next year's training camp? 

I mean, a catastrophic break could have an impact on his long term career, but you'd have to tell me the odds of that happening are now 5X the normal risk for a freak injury like that before I wouldn't "risk" playing him. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

You do it in football. 

You do it in lots of physical jobs that risk injury every single day. Firefighters, loggers, movers, construction. 

Yeah, just sacrifice a franchise players career for a losing season.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Just now, Purrnicious said:

What exactly is the big risk of him playing in a cast? Wouldn't the worst case scenario be a full break that would be healed up before next year's training camp? 

I mean, a catastrophic break could have an impact on his long term career, but you'd have to tell me the odds of that happening are now 5X the normal risk for a freak injury like that before I wouldn't "risk" playing him. 

You can get nerve damage from reinjury and strains. Hell, he could have damage now depending on how bad he was hurt.

Just now, stirs said:

So now we are "win no matter what" or "virtue signaling" for players.

Thread over I guess

Playing it safe with a franchise player isn't virtue signaling, it's just smart.

If his break is a mild fracture, he'll play. But it's sad to see fans push the "win no matter what" when it could cost more in the future. At some point it can end a player's career. We've seen enough Panthers prematurely ending their careers from reinjury. A couple of these players carried the team for the better part of the last decade.

12 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You do it in football. 

You don’t put people in positions to ok or struggle. You don’t have a dude in a cast trying to hold a hose. That’s stupid. And it’s absolutely not worth it to have him out there if he’s hurt. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Playing it safe with a franchise player isn't virtue signaling, it's just smart.

If his break is a mild fracture, he'll play. But it's sad to see fans push the "win no matter what" when it could cost more in the future. At some point it can end a player's career. We've seen enough Panthers prematurely ending their careers from reinjury. A couple of these players carried the team for the better part of the last decade.

Dude if it's a normal break that can be cast and not made worse yes he should play.

FFS nobody is saying he should be playing with a compound spiral fracture. 

16 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You do it in football. 

No dude. An injured firefighter, logger(dangerous job), soldier, construction worker(can be another dangerous job) would either be a hindrance to the team/squad or an outright danger to themselves or others.

Pro football players also weigh career vs single games/bad seasons. And a lot of those guys these days don't love the game and consider it just a quick way to make a ton of money in a short time.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, I saw the play. He didn't intentionally hit Horn's arm. Horn's arm was just unfortunately there. This stuff happens all the time. Hell, I think it was how TD broke his arm. I think it was Luke that hit him.

Interestingly TD played with a cast, but wrist injuries are more tricky to heal. I am sure he will play if possible and the team can somehow sneak into the playoffs. I just don’t feel good about this secondary holding up

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Dude if it's a normal break that can be cast and not made worse yes he should play.

FFS nobody is saying he should be playing with a compound spiral fracture. 

ESPN reported its a distal radius. I’m assuming bc they didn’t know at first it would be a buckle type of fx. If you re-injure and and fracture it further causing displacement then it would likely require surgery (if it doesn’t already). 

Wrist fractures aren’t hand injuries. They’re more common but more complicated and carry more significant risk of nerve injury that could cause permanent dysfunction. So…he’s probably done. 

• Pie 3