• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Baker sure looks better now--was McAdoo working with him?

Darnold is throwing pretty safe passes, he has a lead, and he is playing with house money at this point.  The pressure to win is minimal at this point==so I dunno.  When he puts the team on his back and brings them back in the fourth quarter for a win, I am listening.

Let’s be real here.. Nobody here is saying Mcadoo is Macvay level coach.. But you’re not getting a Macvay level coach are you??? Where is the Macvay you want to bring here??

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Baker sure looks better now--was McAdoo working with him?

Darnold is throwing pretty safe passes, he has a lead, and he is playing with house money at this point.  The pressure to win is minimal at this point==so I dunno.  When he puts the team on his back and brings them back in the fourth quarter for a win, I am listening.

You do know that this is the final year of Sam's contract, right?

I think there's plenty of pressure for him to PLAY WELL so that either the Panthers or some other team decide to give him another shot. 

On 12/25/2022 at 9:39 AM, hepcat said:

I did, had a great time watching the classic Christmas Vacation with the fam. What’s your point? I’m not able to watch the highlights and look at the stats after the game 🤣

Highlights do not tell the true story of the game. You are watching what someone thought would attract viewers. 

• Pie 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:35 AM, glenwo2 said:

okay I'm no longer that annoying fanboy of Sam but I must say that this is really a bad take if you actually believe that is the plan and not "We're going to run the ball because we have the personnel to do it".   smh.

We lost games last year because Darnold was a turnover machine. He had int and fumble issues. What does every coach preach? "Protect the football!" Darnold and Mayfield have the highest turnovers since they were drafted. Is it a coincidence that Panthers are winning when Darnold hasn't turned the ball over? I'm just stating that Wilks knows the limits and tendencies of Darnold so he isn't going to ask his QB to try and win the game. Rhule failed to see this and wanted Darnold/Mayfield to be franchise QBs which they are not, they are game managers. 

• Beer 2

On 12/25/2022 at 11:13 AM, OldhamA said:

Protect the Panthers from Darnold by cutting Mayfield and benching Walker.

Seems legit. 

Mayfield asked for his release and it was mutual from both sides. Walker would have likely stayed the starter if he didn't get injured. Wilks has decided to stay with Darnold because he hasn't turned the ball over with an emphasis on the run game.  Posters on here act like Darnold has all of a sudden become a great QB. 

• The D 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Mayfield asked for his release and it was mutual from both sides. Walker would have likely stayed the starter if he didn't get injured. Wilks has decided to stay with Darnold because he hasn't turned the ball over with an emphasis on the run game.  Posters on here act like Darnold has all of a sudden become a great QB. 

We likely wouldn't be in this position if Walker didn't get injured.

We would be getting ready for another offseason right now, playing out the string.

PJ, as amazing as it sounds, may be an even worse QB than Sam.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

We likely wouldn't be in this position if Walker didn't get injured.

We would be getting ready for another offseason right now, playing out the string.

PJ, as amazing as it sounds, may be an even worse QB than Sam.

There's no maybe about it. 

I'm more curious to know what would have happened if Darnold didn't sprain his ankle in pre-season. 

Rhule was here and had spent on Mayfield. Nothing good would have happened for him, I don’t believe.
There is a saying “Fraud vitiates everything”. This is a similar situation. The entire environment they put Darnold into was rampant with fraud. Guys LARPing were coaching him. I don’t know the right term but I wouldn’t judge him off of that time it is all tainted. Same as the Jets.

Supposedly they were taking Darnold out of a bad situation and giving him a good one but it was just another JETS scenario, Carolina style. 

This is finally the type of environment right now, that he was supposedly being put into last year. 

He has the prototypical toolset. Stuff you can’t coach people into. And some issues he needs to be coached out of too, but he has those attributes. The size, good mobility, good arm. He is on your team. You need a quarterback. You Have to see what he can do. If he does it right you better think hard before letting him leave. 

So PJ was always gonna have to step back to let that play out. 

• Pie 2

We ran for 320 yards on Saturday.  That’s like the ideal formula for a backup caliber QB not to fug it up.  Opponent plays the run essentially every snap. 

if the run isn’t there.  Sam and this O can’t do anything.  See the week prior against a meh Steelers team. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

We ran for 320 yards on Saturday.  That’s like the ideal formula for a backup caliber QB not to fug it up.  Opponent plays the run essentially every snap. 

if the run isn’t there.  Sam and this O can’t do anything.  See the week prior against a meh Steelers team. 

A little play action does wonders when you are averaging 15 and 10 yards a carry. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

He threw for 250 and no picks. 

Lol it's not like he was a spectator. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Damn some of you are just dishonest. 

The week before? 

Was Sam playing D?

Was Sam blocking?

Was Sam dropping passes?

Despite everything being bad Sam kept us in that game belive it or not. When you give up 11 min drives it's way worse than the O giving up a 3 and out.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

There's no maybe about it. 

I'm more curious to know what would have happened if Darnold didn't sprain his ankle in pre-season. 

Rhule would probably still be coaching.

Sam being out forced PJ to start and accelerated the firing of Rhule.

It was a blessing in disguise.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Damn some of you are just dishonest. 

The week before? 

Was Sam playing D?

Was Sam blocking?

Was Sam dropping passes?

Despite everything being bad Sam kept us in that game belive it or not. When you give up 11 min drives it's way worse than the O giving up a 3 and out.

Sam Darnold is a garbage.  Dishonest is taking a random game where we run for 300+ yards and pretending the worst QB in the NFL over the last half decade might not be bad. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 3