• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, we'd be so much better to tread water with Darnold and maybe take a QB next year with our inevitable top 10 pick. At which point the narrative will be to give Corral a shot and maybe look at a QB in '24. At which point the '25 QB class will look can't miss. And so on and so forth...

Waiting for arch manning........

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, we'd be so much better to tread water with Darnold and maybe take a QB next year with our inevitable top 10 pick. At which point the narrative will be to give Corral a shot and maybe look at a QB in '24. At which point the '25 QB class will look can't miss. And so on and so forth...

It's real cute how you don't even have the decency to @ with your shade lmao.

I have give you nothing but reasons for my thinking and how we should attack and you just spew poo you find on a poster.

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

It's real cute how you don't even have the decency to @ with your shade lmao.

I have give you nothing but reasons for my thinking and how we should attack and you just spew poo you find on a poster.

I'm mocking the mindset, not you. But hey, if the shoe fits wear it.

We'll just ignore how you tried to take shots about my lovefest of Howell and mocked that we should wait for Maye earlier that I brushed off and ignored.

12 minutes ago, chbright said:

So the chiefs were good, didn't need to swing with Alex smith, a top 100 player, and made the post season with him in 2016. Got their guy in 2017 and rest is history. Part of the reason they won it all: cheap elite QB on a rookie deal..............

Darnold has 4 games this year. That's enough to be the guy going forward? Bridge money (sub 15 per) is meh for a guy who's film is a lot of icky and burst of good. With that in mind you are still looking for a QB while you hope Darnold keeps improving. 

A great/elite QB lifts a good team to great. Especially when the current options on the roster are meh to icky.

Richardson has the tools to be elite. There are a few others this year that have good-great potential. At some time you gotta start taking shots at them. We started last year, and maybe MC is the guy. So far not much pointed to that outcome, but need to see a staff post rhule's eval and work before that grade goes out. 

Part of the reason is right. The Chiefs had Alex Smith for 3 years before that, and even played out the first year as the starter with Mahomes. All 4 years Alex Smith was the starter, The Chiefs were in the playoffs.

Sam Darnold was drafted with the tools to be elite, Zach Wilsion had all the tools and measurables to be elite. I know how good Richardson can be, I think he's comparable to Terelle Pyror coming out of college, and Pyror had some QB success in the NFL, and its fair to say he'd have more now with how offenses are schemed up now. i have no qualms with if he's our guy. I'm actually lookin like a guy who thinks he can play sooner rather than later in our offense. 

That all said, I don't think it's the only path, and i also have quelled a lot of my concerns about the cons of taking Richardson. Either way I'd like to pay Sam -- he knows our players and at worst he's a bridge guy, and going in with a rookie and Corral isn't the best thing. But I also know there's dozens of other ways to add to the QB room, so even if Sam balls out to close the season and we don't retain him, I won't be too chaffed. 

Like I told linville, either way I don't see us not sucking next year. And i don't think it'd hurt to roll the dice on Sam. He stinks it up it's not like it really changes my valuation of the team.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm mocking the mindset, not you. But hey, if the shoe fits wear it.

We'll just ignore how you tried to take shots about my lovefest of Howell and mocked that we should wait for Maye earlier that I brushed off and ignored.

I didn't want you to ignore it, I @'d you directly. Entirely because you do that thing where you vague rather than actually say what you think I'm saying to me. 

Shoe doesn't fit because I have no idea how I'll feel abt the QB situation in 2023-24 when we haven't even finished the fugin 2022 season, the season that is currently going on and the things in it impact my mindset.  You're the one putting words in everyone's mouth because we don't agree that swinging for the fences is the only way to move forward.

Edited by Rags

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

I didn't want you to ignore it, I @'d you directly. Entirely because you do that thing where you vague rather than actually say what you think I'm saying to me. 

Shoe doesn't fit because I have no idea how I'll feel abt the QB situation in 2023-24 when we haven't even finished the fugin 2022 season, the season that is currently going on and the things in it impact my mindset.  You're the one putting words in everyones

Like I said, I wasn't mocking YOU. I was mocking the mindset. You're not the only one here with this mindset. Hell, I honestly I have no clue about any other football opinion you hold. I think you're wildly wrong about this one though. Your take on this one is basically embrace mediocrity at best because you're scared to take a chance on possibly being great. It's a loser mindset.

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So I agree with Linville that I would roll with Sam as a bridge QB while we seek the next Franchise QB.

I just want some goddamn stability back in that position.

We did that with teddy B and blew up that plan cause rhule was a fool. 

Teddy was much more consistent with the vikes and saints than Sam with the jets or us.  Teddy was the guy that called out Joe Brady and by proxy rhule after they moved on quickly. He was right. 

If we pull the vet bridge fine, go find rookies to fill the other 2 slots until one rises to be the guy. But don't wait another year cause " next year is better". 

Let's all hope they stick to that plan and actually go get a QB or 2 and start the process of finding the long term guy, not punt and keep the bust reclamation projects ongoing......... 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like I said, I wasn't mocking YOU. I was mocking the mindset. You're not the only one here with this mindset. Hell, I honestly I have no clue about any other football opinion you hold. I think you're wildly wrong about this one though. Your take on this one is basically embrace mediocrity at best because you're scared to take a chance on possibly being great. It's a loser mindset.

No, I don't mind taking a chance.

Taking on Sam Darnold is a chance. The only reason i'm even entertaining this because it's Sam Darnold. If this was Kyle Allen or Teddy, like in the past where I thought the team can overcome the limitations of the QB (and even at the end of 2020, i was tired of Teddy) but because I think Sam has the ability to make throws that other QBs on second contracts can (I.E. Garoppolo and Tannehill) and he's shown that this year with the added caveat that he has shown growth in one of his crippling areas namely, his pocket presence has shown growth in wins and losses, when the offense is both on and off schedule, he's taken the sack, or stepped up and made the throw. On top of that, several throws Sam has made this year have been excellently well placed balls, namely ones to D.J.

You seem to blame the offenses passing Limitations solely on Darnold, and while i think he's not infallible, i'm blaming the skill positions and scheme more here. It's not like Sam's missing wide open players or behind schedule, it's really the opposite, things aren't opening up. When we've asked Sam to do more, he's executed. If he continues this trend going forward, I'll continue to say this, and if he doesn't then i'll likely be more on the Richardson side of things. But right now this is entirely based on the risk that Sam can do more can play closer to that 1st round valuation (not top 3 maybe, but still 1st round) and help this team win.

The reason I lean more towards Darnold is because the same things holding me back abt Richardson. We'll need coaching, they both still has a ways to go (and Richardson hasn't played a snap in the nfl), and our offensive supporting cast needs dire improvements or they'll continue to let the defense down. At least with Darnold we can use that first for a position of need, and in both outcomes we move on in 2024 that whichever QB we take can hopefully use. 

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Who gives a sh*t what Baker is doing on another team? 

He wasn't doing sh*t as a Panther.

It has relevancy to the convo because while I agree to this point Sam does show capability to be a backup/bridge QB we don't know if how he is playing is sustainable or if he will revert to old habits when pressure to score points on his own without a powerful run game increases. The situation with Baker is an example of not putting too much stock into a performance one way or another like some people are doing now suddenly thinking we can hitch our wagon to Sam for the foreseeable future and forego drafting another quarterback.

12 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

So I agree with @LinvilleGorge that we should roll with Sam as a bridge QB while we seek the next Franchise QB.

I just want some goddamn stability back in that position.

I do as well .. But there needs to be a plan of keeping some stability (Wilkes and Mcadoo).. So we keep this Identity and not learning a new playbook again.. That’s good for Darnold, Corral and the rest of the team to help bring along a rookie QB..

• Pie 1

Baker sure looks better now--was McAdoo working with him?

Darnold is throwing pretty safe passes, he has a lead, and he is playing with house money at this point.  The pressure to win is minimal at this point==so I dunno.  When he puts the team on his back and brings them back in the fourth quarter for a win, I am listening.

• Beer 1