• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

17 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Some of those guys may resign with their current teams and not hit the open market/listen to offers from others, which was my point.

I thought your point was that we should be looking for a FA QB but couldn't because we did not know who would be available?

That's why I put up that list that I found. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

But he's made more than one of those "cherry picked throws", though.   Not just in the Broncos game.   *shrugs*

He made 15 completions last game and 14 the game before. I saw several dump offs to the check down. Let’s not pretend like he is making Josh Allen throws on a consistent level every game. Look on ESPN and other sports news sources. They all are talking about our running game because that’s our main focus. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just to see if I can understand this clearly :

One cannot want Sam Delusional to succeed (which would benefit the team) because if that person does, then that means he's a fan of him and is "on the Sammy juice"....which is disgusting on so many levels.   Damn frank.   ewww. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He made 15 completions last game and 14 the game before. I saw several dump offs to the check down. Let’s not pretend like he is making Josh Allen throws on a consistent level every game. Look on ESPN and other sports news sources. They all are talking about our running game because that’s our main focus. 

As they should. 

It's the meat-and-potatoes of the offense. 

And it's going to be critical that it continues to roll up in Tampa 'cause if it does, our chances of winning skyrocket.

If not, we may have a repeat of the PissBurgh game.  

Edited by glenwo2

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Just to see if I can understand this clearly :

One cannot want Sam Delusional to succeed (which would benefit the team) because if that person does, then that means he's a fan of him and is "on the Sammy juice"....which is disgusting on so many levels.   Damn frank.   ewww. 

It was a joke dude relax. Wanting him to succeed and some of the rhetoric here about his future based off one or two games versus an entire career of work that is not so pretty are different things and why many people are giving side eye. We've always known he has arm talent even when he was horrible with the Jets he would still have a few wow throws here and there. He's had those here in the midst of terrible performances. Even if he continues to look better over the next two games I'm still not jumping in the water just yet. I'm eyeing QB's in the first round of the draft no matter what. That's just me.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

It was a joke dude relax. Wanting him to succeed and some of the rhetoric here about his future based off one or two games versus an entire career of work that is not so pretty is why many people are giving side eye. We've always know he has arm talent even when he was horrible with the Jets he would still have a few wow throws here and there. He's had those here in the midst of terrible performances. Even if he continues to look better over the next two games I'm still not jumping in the water just yet. I'm eyeing QB's in the first round of the draft no matter what. That's just me.

okay. but can you please refrain from using the term "Sammy Juice"?  GOOD LORD...UGH!    🤢

But btw, I am not advocating that he be the Panthers starter next season....

I do think that if he continues to take better care of the football like he has, I think he could make a pretty decent backup for us while we continue to look for our next Franchise QB (or maybe give Corral a shot, considering he didn't get much of one).  🙂

Edited by glenwo2

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Not since Erik The Red has a Fire Bearded  Conqueror like this been seen.

History has come full circle Erik then his son Leif Eriksson and eventually the namesake of our field Ericsson!

Those ancient warriors have awakened in Sammy Franchise and like the Phoenix he has risen to lead us out of the jaws of despair and on to victory!!!!

• Flames 1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, CmC2k said:

Darnold is playing well enough that whatever QB we take in the 1st round won't feel pressured to have to come in and start from day 1. 

What QB is worth it beyond Young and Stroud? If you draft a QB after them you're still in the "throwing poo at the wall to see what sticks".

The Panthers NEED to go BPA in the first round which likely is Mayer at our draft position. We need a tight end, desperately. We need a third receiver who can take the top off a defense, desperately.

You take Mayer and you take Hyatt. You've sent 9 draft picks away since 2019 to QB's and a few of them may have landed with Darnold so see where your investment stands before you sell at a loss just to buy another loser QB in Levis or Anthony Richardson.

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What QB is worth it beyond Young and Stroud? If you draft a QB after them you're still in the "throwing poo at the wall to see what sticks".

The Panthers NEED to go BPA in the first round which likely is Mayer at our draft position. We need a tight end, desperately. We need a third receiver who can take the top off a defense, desperately.

You take Mayer and you take Hyatt. You've sent 9 draft picks away since 2019 to QB's and a few of them may have landed with Darnold so see where your investment stands before you sell at a loss just to buy another loser QB in Levis or Anthony Richardson.

We keep telling you but you don't listen.  First round tes have an insanely high bust rate