• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we a ten win team with wilks from day one?

RumHam

Couple of close games gotta think we atleast beat the browns. The talent here is playoff talent even if wilks were to hold them up. Rhule is just that bad. If we get in and match up with dallas and minnesota i think we can make championship. Tough teams up front are the achilles heel and we cant adjust to that.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

Wilks is coaching at a .500 clip.  Sam was injured to start the season remember all, so he'd be stuck with Baker as well.  I don't think this is a 10-5 team right now with him; maybe a 9-6 though I think 8-7 is the most likely.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Idk about 10 wins. 8 would definitely be within reach. 

We're within reach of 8 wins right now and thats with a 1-4 start by the worst coach in franchise history.  He'd be tied with Perry Fewell if I considered his internship as a real coach.  Wilks would have this team between 9-11 wins if here from day one of the season.

• Pie 2

Just now, mav1234 said:

Wilks is coaching at a .500 clip.  Same was injured to start the season remember, all, so he'd be stuck with Baker as well.  I don't think this is a 10-5 team right now with him; maybe a 9-6 though I think 8-7 is the most likely.

Fwiw, if Eddie P. didnt poo his jockeys, we'd be 2 over .500 with him, in definitive first place, and only a game under .500.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

To be at 10 wins we would have had to go 5-0 to start since Wilks is 5-5. No chance we’d have been 5-0. Yes, Cleveland game was close but honestly that had more to do with bad Cleveland coaching. They ran all over us but kept forcing it with Brissett and killed a bunch of their drives. They should have done the same as we did to Detroit and it wouldn’t have been close.

Yup. I think we go 3-3 in the first 6 games of the season even with Wilks and Baker, so the 2 game swap to win column would put us at 8-7 now.  But 10-5?  I don't see it personally. 

• Pie 1