• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Is Ballin

restNChrist

9 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Soooooo... 

If Wilks is retained, anyone think he keeps McAdoo on this staff?

Only place I'd be somewhat happy with his input would be in a consultant role. Other than his eye for QB talent I'm hard pressed to find any reason to keep him around. 

The same OC that's just put up a franchise record for yards in a game?

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The same OC that's just put up a franchise record for yards in a game?

McAdoo is a genius now? The Darnold extremists are going to great lengths with this cope. I'm very eager to see what Ben and Sam can cook up for us if our run game isn't reaching historic heights.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

McAdoo is a genius now? The Darnold extremists are going to great lengths with this cope. I'm very eager to see what Ben and Sam can cook up for us if our run game isn't reaching historic heights.

It happened against the Steelers. We just still force the run and lose the game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Darnold extremists? Do they exist? Or could we say people tagged by you as "Darnold extremists" are merely people pleasantly surprised that his play went up a little and want to see what he does the last few games of the season to decide whether or not he is worthy of signing as a bride guy for a rookie or signing as a reliable backup? I don't think I have seen even one "Darnold extremist" on this board yet but we can call anybody who's opinions may differ from yours slightly an "extremist" to further your narrative if you like I guess.

12 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Darnold extremists? Do they exist? Or could we say people tagged by you as "Darnold extremists" are merely people pleasantly surprised that his play went up a little and want to see what he does the last few games of the season to decide whether or not he is worthy of signing as a bride guy for a rookie or signing as a reliable backup? I don't think I have seen even one "Darnold extremist" on this board yet but we can call anybody who's opinions may differ from yours slightly an "extremist" to further your narrative if you like I guess.

You again? The guy is one of the main Darnold homers here and if this post doesn't spell it out for you I can't help you. Run along now.

On 11/6/2022 at 2:08 PM, OldhamA said:

Darnold isn't dressed. There's no-one else on the roster I want to see at QB.

Let Walker die out there I say.

Go Away GIF by Bounce

Edited by frankw

Baker looked good against a Raiders team that can lose to anyone and a Broncos team that has completely quit and might be in open revolt. 

He looked like...Baker...against the Packers. 

Obviously I'm happy for the guy and I don't hold any ill will towards him. Things were a poo show here in Carolina for his sting, and McAdoo is on record saying he didn't want Baker coming out of college and didn't think much of him. 

But he's had 2 games against dead teams, and he's with probably the best offensive mind in the league. 

This is exactly why we need to go get a young offensive-minded HC.

A good one can make a pedestrian QB look really good and a good QB look top-tier.

Baker is an example of a pedestrian QB playing really well. Jalen Hurts is an example of a good QB playing at an MVP level. Both are examples of how much a good offensive mind at HC matters when it comes to QB play and development.

Shane Steichen needs to be at the top of our list. I don't know if he'd be interested in us if a team like the Chargers with an established franchise QB has an opening, but we damn sure better try to lure him here.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

You again? The guy is one of the main Darnold homers here and if this post doesn't spell it out for you I can't help you. Run along now.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/0abff86b1a8734180b78f6ad6199bf83a42c60acdfb59c69a7bbe5fcbccca116/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/IdlrlhB1Rts6fQRjdb/200.gif

It's funny I say "you again?" everytime I see one of your posts as well so we have that in common and will be chummy buddies before we know it! Oh okay so one pro Darnold person exists. I guess that one person makes up the army of Darnold extremists then. In your way of thinking how you present yourself to anybody that does not fully agree with you on everything I'm sure I am an extremist as well since I say he should start rest of the way to see if he is worthy of being a bridge to a new rookie QB or a decent backup for the future right? Does that classify me as an extremist also? 

I actually want to know now as you have me curious Mr Frank. What do you feel we should do with Darnold the rest of the way and beyond? I'm for keeping PJ and Darnold for at least backups. Also keeping Corral to see what he has in him next preseason and bringing in a rookie. We go in camp with 4 guys and probably keep three so one will have to be cut and from there I have no idea as at bare minimum I at least think Darnold and PJ could be decent backups. Probably PJ as a cheaper backup so it may give him an edge there. That's of course if Darnold hasn't had some amazing turn around change and development all of a sudden and has not gotten it all put together to be a dominant starter in the NFL but odds are against that I realize hence why I think if he will sign for a cheaper price at least carry him into training camp next season to further look while also starting him last couple games to further evaluate but open the play book up and let's see if he has grown and developed any where he can play under some pressure. That's all I know to do currently but I do realize we should probably bring in another rookie QB to see if we can hit on one. 

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

This is exactly why we need to go get a young offensive-minded HC.

A good one can make a pedestrian QB look really good and a good QB look top-tier.

Baker is an example of a pedestrian QB playing really well. Jalen Hurts is an example of a good QB playing at an MVP level. Both are examples of how much a good offensive mind at HC matters when it comes to QB play and development.

Shane Steichen needs to be at the top of our list. I don't know if he'd be interested in us if a team like the Chargers with an established franchise QB has an opening, but we damn sure better try to lure him here.

I think Jalen may have just fully developed and may be an example of a very good franchise QB playing as such and we could see him doing that for many years to come. Sure wish we had him but I agree, not with a coach like Rhule but with a bad ass coach who can continue to pull out the very best that extremely talented QB has inside himself.

8 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

It's funny I say "you again?" everytime I see one of your posts as well so we have that in common and will be chummy buddies before we know it! Oh okay so one pro Darnold person exists. I guess that one person makes up the army of Darnold extremists then. In your way of thinking how you present yourself to anybody that does not fully agree with you on everything I'm sure I am an extremist as well since I say he should start rest of the way to see if he is worthy of being a bridge to a new rookie QB or a decent backup for the future right? Does that classify me as an extremist also? 

I actually want to know now as you have me curious Mr Frank. What do you feel we should do with Darnold the rest of the way and beyond? I'm for keeping PJ and Darnold for at least backups. Also keeping Corral to see what he has in him next preseason and bringing in a rookie. We go in camp with 4 guys and probably keep three so one will have to be cut and from there I have no idea as at bare minimum I at least think Darnold and PJ could be decent backups. Probably PJ as a cheaper backup so it may give him an edge there. That's of course if Darnold hasn't had some amazing turn around change and development all of a sudden and has not gotten it all put together to be a dominant starter in the NFL but odds are against that I realize hence why I think if he will sign for a cheaper price at least carry him into training camp next season to further look while also starting him last couple games to further evaluate but open the play book up and let's see if he has grown and developed any where he can play under some pressure. That's all I know to do currently but I do realize we should probably bring in another rookie QB to see if we can hit on one. 

Darnold is a decent backup/bridge option I have no issues with him from a personal standpoint it's the lunacy from some expecting him to become a franchise quarterback at this stage. It's possible but that storyline is stale. See what he does these next two games. From there draft a QB in 2023 no matter what. Simple enough process for me 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

Darnold is a decent backup/bridge option I have no issues with him from a personal standpoint it's the lunacy from some expecting him to become a franchise quarterback at this stage. It's possible but that storyline is stale. See what he does these next two games. From there draft a QB in 2023 no matter what. Simple enough process for me 🤷‍♂️

His two head coaches have been ADAM GASE and MATT RHULE. Arguably two of the worst NFL head coaches since the year 2000.

If you put him in Los Angeles with the Rams what would mcvay get out of him? Dude could probably win a Super Bowl and look elite doing it.

The issue isn't Darnold. 

And since you're an expert, who do you propose we draft to replace him? How many picks do you suppose we send to San Fransisco for a guy with the same problems in Jimmy G? There are no free agent QB's who will be better and no one we can draft will have a higher ceiling. Unless you want Anthony...barf...Richardson. Or worse...Will Levis...

We need to a build a team and see what Darnold can do with quality tight ends, a quality 3rd receiver, and a competent (the first of his career) coaching staff.

The thing about starting 3-0 last year was our offense was built around CMC. Now our offense is far more generic and is not reliant on a single player to work, thus this streak is not an anomaly like that was. 

We aren't replacing Darnold because we shouldn't. There is no one out there we can get, or should get, who is going to be better in the short or long term, especially in this draft. You put a mew QB in amd you have the same issues of the worst tight ends in the league and two quality receivers.

Edited by CPcavedweller