• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq is a leader.

TheCasillas

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Awesome links, thanks guys!

Shaq is definitely a leader, and frankly a pretty good player.  The D looks much worse when he isn't out there.

Shaq gets unfairly poo on because he had massive and really impossible to fill shoes taking over for TD and Luke. Also that wild contract doesn't help.

He is one of our better defensive players and he is definitely our veteran leader on that defense. Probably has been almost the entire Rhule tenure.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Shaq takes a lot of poo on this site but he's a really good player. We could do a lot worse than Shaq. 

I think as a fanbase we have developed some unrealistic expectations at the LB position due to being spoiled with all time greats. Luke, TD, Beason in his prime, Morgan when healthy. Shaq is a damn good player and its kind of a shame to see how people talk about him on here sometimes. 

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

All this stuff is great but they have to keep it going. That Bengals loss really wasn't that long ago. Finish on a high note.

I think this current run the team is on as well as the videos posted here of Shaq are more about the next two-three years. Nobody expects us to do much if we make the playoffs. But what is encouraging is the way this team has looked post Rhule. 

These guys are playing for Wilks (who I was fairly opposed to keeping a few weeks ago) and playing for each other. Next year we have 4 picks in the first three rounds and should be going into next season with an actual NFL HC which we haven’t had the last three years. Our division is in decline and as negative as people are around here, I believe the Panthers are in the best shape to emerge in this division by a long shot. Falcons are further behind us currently and the Saints and Bucs are in free fall with a big rebuild ahead of them both.

So for me, it’s just good to see Shaq enjoying himself and rallying the troops. Because next season we should be taking this division and holding onto it for awhile imo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I like the leader, but the player is nothing outstanding, in my view.  I seen him chasing a lot.  He makes a lot of tackles, I suppose, but we are so spoiled with Beason, Mills, Morgan, and Luke---I just do not see that kind of LB--a guy who is in the hole with the back and stuffing the run.  I see a guy who is great from sideline to sideline, but not a stuffer.  Someone set me straight, because I want to like him.

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Shaq takes a lot of poo on this site but he's a really good player. We could do a lot worse than Shaq. 

I think as a fanbase we have developed some unrealistic expectations at the LB position due to being spoiled with all time greats. Luke, TD, Beason in his prime, Morgan when healthy. Shaq is a damn good player and its kind of a shame to see how people talk about him on here sometimes. 

I was thinking exactly this. When you get 8+ seasons out of a player you really cannot complain.